If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2017 Completed Game List

Comments

• The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    ChickenGod wrote: »
    Glad to see you took a liking to twin-pistol pyro! Not sure exactly what level you are, but I invested heavily in Blast Shield to help with survivability. A couple of points in Mirror of Erecotes + Maiven's Sphere, and the Dryad + Bat Devotions (and some life steal ring I passed down from a previous character) made me feel like it was my strongest low-level build.

I guess Demo/Arcanist is also called pyromancer then? mine is Demo/Occultist. Build mostly revolves around an unending stream of fire and chaos damage from the pistols while I use flashbangs/cluster bombs/curse of frailty to slow and stun/confuse approaching enemies. Bunch of lifesteal and Blood of Dreeg for healing. I did put some points into Blast Shield now that you mentioned it... I always have a hard time choosing defensive upgrades over offensive ones.

Also, thanks to devotions my gun shoots falcons that cause bleed. I have no idea if the damage is really worth it anymore..... but my gun shoots falcons so I don't care

At level 58 or so, making my way through Elite. It's going pretty good so far. Except for one hero who could spawn massive poison/acid pools on me from extreme range. That wasn't fun.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Looks like I confused the two class-combo names, whoops. If you ever want to play sometime let me know, my Dual-Pistol user is pretty close to yours right now (lvl 62).
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited January 23
    I completed my first game for the year! I finally finished off EarthBound Beginnings (Wii U Virtual Console), which I started for 2015's JRPG July. I've beaten the game before, but this is the first time I finished the localized version in a legitamate way (which I guess is obvious). It's still my favorite 8-bit RPG. :)
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    Just finished Borderlands 2 (PC) on UVHM w/ the mechromancer. Build: http://bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#550050101000550105150551410150141000

Primarily used a shock-element Hail, with a shock Pimpernel, Slagga, shock Fibber, Hellfire, and a Double-Penetrating Unkempt Harold as secondary situational weapons. Also used a 4x Magic Missile, Flame of the Firehawk/Bee shield (which I got as a totally random world drop, so awesome), a simple shock boosting relic, and a Legendary Catalyst class mod.

I've got a couple of days before I can play ToB on PC, so I think im gonna go through some of the DLC now.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Discovered that I had hit the end of Super Robot Wars OG Saga - Masoukishin The Lord of Elemental (DS). It caught me by surprise, because the major loose ends of the last third of the game were nowhere near adequately addressed. The loose ends of the first two-thirds of the game all got reconciled out-of-game, in the long narrative exposition of Chapter 26 (wherein were discussed the highlights of the entire OG Saga trilogy).

Review to come, eventually. Don't expect a good score for Story.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    hence why 2 sequals were made too
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 30
    Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4).

Surprisingly longer than expected. Wish I could have played and supported the devs earlier, but the Xbone exclusivity prevented any chances of that. The later portion of the game did indeed pick up and the pacing between fights, cutscenes, and exploration became more balanced instead of so heavily focused on open world gathering and such. There were a couple of things that I felt made this game weaker than the Reboot, namely Jonah's inclusion in the storyline and the greater focus on exploration and puzzle solving than before. Overall though I really enjoyed the game quite a bit, I love how they packed a lot of content into each area and tons of different options available during combat. I'm actually a pretty big fan of the Uncharted formula and this game mostly gets the cinematic movie experience right. I've heard some people don't like the direction these games are going, but I starkly disagree. I don't have any attachment to the older Tomb Raider series, and infact I've had trouble convincing people to try the new games given their general aversion to the older games in the series. Here's hoping they keep releasing future Tomb Raiders of this quality or better on PS4!
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Fallout 4 (PS4) -- Finally completed this after months of dipping in and out. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this instalment to the Fallout series. Really, my grief is with the main story and the factions. I ended up siding with the Institute out of curiosity, and I wasn't thrilled when Father told me I had to go and murder The Railroad because they are "annoying"? I feel like his rational for just out right murdering them seemed deeply personal and really misguided. The writing just also gets really sloppy towards the end of the game, which I thought was disappointing. However, I *really* adored the Far Harbor and Antomation DLCs, and I did think there were some fantastic side quest and characters in the game (I really loved Hancock). I definitely will go back at some point to play Nuka World and try another one of the endings (I made a save just before I destroyed the Railroad so I could side with them). I don't feel like I even did enough of the quests, but I am satisfied at the same time with how much I've completed (I was 70ish hours by the end). Fun stuff, but it still felt like it was missing something in the end.

Although watching Paladin Danse fall out of the Vertiberd because I shot a missile launcher at it? He bounced like a physics object and STILL SURVIVED. That was kind of hilarious.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    hence why 2 sequals were made too

Yes, but the game by itself doesn't even leave real openings for that to happen. The big, evil, super-mecha deity that's supposed to be threatening the world gets eliminated in a set-piece scene in Chapter 26 by the villain the hero was chasing after throughout the OG Saga. There is little explanation given in the scene as to why he chose to do a heel-face turn, nor why one of the hero's secondary allies or a princess of the realm happen to be helping him there.

Heck, I would not be surprised if the two sequels actually covered that and two other obvious final-boss battle moments mentioned in that Chapter instead of continuing on from the end of Lord of Elemental (where all the major known villains are completely dead).

That last third of this game just feels disconnected from everything that came before it, because it really was.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Okay. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep -- A fragmentary passage(PS4) beaten a day or two ago on standard.

I thought the last boss was cheesy but I had fun, can't WAIT for KH3 now. Not sure if I'll play DDD on there very hard since well..I already did not too long ago, but I'll think about it. ^^ Also played Back Cover but I don't think that counts, being a movie and all.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (Vita) done. It's not good. Review stating that in somewhat more words coming soon :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Tales of Zestiria (PS4)

This completion includes the Alicia's Story DLC. Where do I start on this one...I'll start with the okay. The story in general felt decent compared to other Tales games, and I don't have a lot to nitpick here, after realizing the theme of the game is Ideals vs Reality.

For the gameplay...oh dear god I have so many complaints with this. AI refusing to guard at all (seriously, they NEVER do it), status effects preventing you from healing, enemy casters being absolutely OP due to normal attacks Armatization effectively speeding up their casts along with them always focus firing so you'll lose an ally, the equipment skill system in general, equipment being placed higher than leveling in terms of how strong you are, etc etc.

Alicia's DLC has a big problem of basically being Zestiria's version of Persona 3's The Answer portion. Unnecessarily hard, long, and missing vital gameplay functions you've grown accustomed to before this point (such as Alicia being unable to Armatize...be prepared to use up more Life Bottles than you ever did in the main game).

Out of all the Tales games I've played, I daresay this may be the weakest game in the series. Tales of the Tempest still being the worst in the series, but I daresay I label this as the 2nd worst game. There's no way in hell I'll be platinuming this, and I may not ever pick the game back up.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PS4, 45 hours) - A fantastic game/expansion. Loved the story and characters so much.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    Yakuza 0 PS4 finished it in just under 42 hrs, on easy.
    I have all the yakuza games but this is the first one Iv finished, I played a little of 1 and 3 and dead souls.
    Don't know wether to play through yakuza 1 or wait till kiwami though.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
    The Curse of Strahd - Pen & Paper

This is the first Campaign that the Wayfarers (at least that is what we call ourselves) have EVER completed in 6 years.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    World of Final Fantasy (PSVita)

Did have lot of fun with that one :)
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Pokemon Moon (3DS) -- This was like, the most refreshing Pokemon game ever. Loved it.
    Mega Man 2 (3DS, 3 hours) - As sad as it may be, this is the first Mega Man game I've ever finished.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Pillars of Eternity + The White March Part 1 & Part 2 [PC]

Thanks to the Pillars 2 announcement, Finally got round to playing through the entire White March expansion.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    Tales of Berseria (PC)

Hands down the best Tales game since Tales of Symphonia in 2004. I'm probably going to jump right in to a new game+, and I never do that.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
    Asdivine Hearts (Vita, 19 hours) - My first Kemco game and it wasn't awful. Not amazing, but solid enough to want to finish.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Yakuza 0 [PS4]
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

After pushing back the completion of this game long enough, I sat down, maxed out fishing, and went all the way to the finale. This may be the most emotional I've gotten after completing a FF game since FFX. There was so much here I loved, and very little I hated. Over 130 hours spent on this game, so many memories made. This is definitely the best main series FF game I've played in a long time, and I recommend this to any fan of the series. Going to platinum this, which means I only need to beat the Adamantoise for the trophy. That will be tomorrow though.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    Tales of Berseria - PS4

Loved this game but knowing what I do of Zestiria this game gives me really mixed emotions for the ending.
    sig.gif

edited February 20
    Nioh PS4
    Well thats two games this month I doing tuns better than the last couple of years

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Nioh PS4
    Well thats two games this month I doing tuns better than the last couple of years

BTW, since you included the hours for the last game, do you know how long it took you to finish Nioh so I can include that in your total?
    ClixPsi.png
    Clix wrote: »
    BTW, since you included the hours for the last game, do you know how long it took you to finish Nioh so I can include that in your total?

Id say about 95 hours

• 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 21
    I played the recent iteration of Hitman (PS4) over the holiday weekend. At first I was worried six stages wouldn't feel like enough content, but I enjoyed it and the stages quickly got much larger and more complicated than I expected. Maybe too large and too complicated, but I'll take that over small and simple when there are only six levels.

I enjoyed the hotel level in Bangkok the most, and did the best job of quickly figuring out how to complete Opportunities to kill the targets there. Probably my two favorite kills too (spoiler tag only because these stages are like puzzles, and this is one solution):
    Started out by checking into my room, calling for hotel maintenance, knocking out the staff when they arrived, stealing their clothes, and strolling up to the old guy and telling him his room was ready while posing as staff. Then I followed him around his suite, doing gruntwork at his annoying command until the jerk spent an extra long time inspecting the toilet for grime. His bodyguard didn't stay in the restroom like he did the other rooms. I drowned the target in the toilet. For the spoiled rock star, I posed as a chef who brought the finishing touches for his surprise birthday cake. He walked into the party, everyone sang a weird birthday song, then I slammed his head into the cake and smothered him to death in the cake while everyone watched horrified. Sneaky? No. But fun!
    Then I spent TWENTY MINUTES exploring the stage, looking for the camera footage to destroy and never found it. I replayed the level just to do a couple more kills I had figured out in the 1st run, and again couldn't find the camera footage, so this stage ended up with my worst score. I liked the final stage a lot too, especially how it made disguises more important without causing everyone on the map to shoot at you like the next to last one did.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Finished up Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation (3DS) last night and I found it to be better than the first two routes I slogged through last year. I'm not sure how much fatigue from the first two routes (I put about 100 hours in last year) skewed my experience, but I had a much better time with Revelation than those two games. I think a more traditional Fire Emblem story helped (though it still has some silly handwaving to accommodate plot holes and gameplay mechanics) and I loosened up and wasn't so OCD about saving every single character. I always have more fun when I'm able to let that go in FE games, roll with the punches, and live with a few characters dieing along the way.

Its a shame that this was the DLC that lots of people probably didn't get around to playing, because its the best that Fates has to offer.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    Started and finished Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4) after I got home from work today. I knew nothing about the game other than it had multiple endings and required many playthroughs to get the good one. I enjoyed it, obviously, since I finished it in one sitting. What made it work the most for me was the narration. I finished the game on my 7th playthrough, and right at the end I was still hearing new platform riding, chest opening, and enemy killing quips. They must have written and recorded well over a hundred one-liners for each of the common places where the narrator makes a joke, and dozens more for less common points of narration. I never heard a repeated line other then story-related narration, and the dry humor was hugely successful.

My favorite ending was the one where Reynardo achieves enlightenment, just because the narrator's dry humor tricked me and it caused one of my deepest laughs in the game.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.