If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2017 Completed Game List

Comments

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) - 57 hours

Sure, the story is significantly lighter (read: very few cutscenes; core concept is fine), but the gameplay improvements meant everything to me. I hate FFT, so I was prepared for the worse for FFTA. I was surprised that I largely enjoyed it. I hope FFTA2 carries that trend.
    ClixPsi.png
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3)

I've been sleeping a lot the last two months, played barely anything. 3 nights ago I had a dream about cold steel, woke up at 8 am and played for 19 hours straight. Beat it in three days, got almost all trophies. Gonna speed run through and get all chests since I somehow missed some and get the last remaining things. Obviously I'm playing the new game + on nightmare for the two difficulty trophies.

Towa is best. Will fight about it.

I played the game for like 53 hours in the last 3 days.

I kinda don't want to stop at all.

My mind is also a little loopy now. i'm all caffeine and jello.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    Towa is best. Will fight about it.

Cold Steel 2 is going to kill you
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • FoxConfessorFoxConfessor London, EnglandFull Members
    edited February 26
    I've been on a mission to play some of my backlog and finish half-played games before I buy new games (probably won't last)

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (PS3) - I finished the first game a while ago and loved it. I did start this one last year and clocked over 18 hours into it and gave up. Although this one didn't suck me in as much, I enjoyed it for the most part - felt like a slog towards the end though - 39 hours

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - I've loved the reboot of this series, and this one improved with mechanics and Lara controlled a lot more smoothly. The only gripe I had with it was that the stealth mechanic was hit and miss, sometimes it was great other times it was impossible to get away undetected - maybe it was just me? 23 hours

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (PS2) - I found this super cheap and decided to pick it up. I found this game incredibly frustrating sometimes and I almost quit a few times, but reading FAQs and guides online helped me get a good idea what I needed to do. I really liked the story of this one and I liked that Capcom made an effort to change up the series. 37 hours
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 26
    Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - 3DS

The first time i beat this on PS2 I had cheated like no ones business. This time I did not and kinda happy I didn't Now I witness the normal version of the ending. Now to save and run extra dungeons and such other stuff.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    After giving up on Earthlock: Festival of Magic yet again due to its annoying balance and archaic design issues, I switch to finishing my other WIP game, Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers (Vita), which does not have those issues. Not outstanding but it's a good, relatively light tactical RPG representation off the DW formula that I enjoyed. Completed in around 21 hours for reference.

I also did a semi-random playthrough of a Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP, played on Vita) route runthrough some days ago because why not.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    Mass Effect 3 (X360) - Finally finished my Insanity run, after leaving it for years. Ended up just re-importing my ME2 character and starting over. Went full renegade (except for appropriate choices to keep my boyfriend, Garrus), and there are some messed up choices in there. Somehow, I still didn't have full reputation for the final Illusive Man scene, despite completing everything. This was also my first time beating the game with all the DLC and the redone ending, and while it was much better than the first go around, the ending still wasn't great. This one was great fun to actually play, but I think the first may still be my favorite. That original theme music is so good, too.
    The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim Enhanced Edition (PC)

Even 6 years later, this is still a truly remarkable game.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

Well this is my first Zelda 3D that I finish. For my taste there was way too many mini games!

I did have an hard time to roll strait in the Goro roll because of the N64 controller and it did give me a lot of hard time at some place, but I am glad that I did it!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemist of the Dusk Sea (PSVita) -- a belated review to come!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Hatsune Miku Project DIVA f (Vita)
    Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F 2nd (PS3)
    Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone (PS4)
    Titan Souls (PS4)
    The Swindle (PS4)
    Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4)
    Not A Hero (PS4)
    LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

None of those were very challenging to clear, but, except Day of the Tentacle, all have extra more challenging content past the clear mark. More challenge than I can handle in most cases, but I did clear everything in Not A Hero and The Swindle.

Got myself a PlayStation Plus subscription if you couldn't tell because I have nothing to play on my PS4. Future Tone (digital) is the one game I've actually bought the normal way, and I played that the most out of all of them. I'm getting my first physical game for PS4 soon.
  • SuccessorMSuccessorM Can't you hear the drums? Full Members
    Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition (PS3)

Got some quality time with my boy Yang last month. The game does him no favors, but he's totally viable. Man this game is good, just hard as nails!
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    AM2R (PC)

a great remake of Metroid 2 on the game boy :)
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Tales of Berseria (PS4, 29 hours) - Only my second real Tales game, but I really liked it. Dungeons sucked, though.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Tales of Berseria (PS4, 29 hours) - Only my second real Tales game, but I really liked it. Dungeons sucked, though.

Yeah, Tales dungeons haven't really been great since Symphonia. That was the last time they incorporated puzzles into it. I've been hoping for a return to that for ages, but I've kind of given up on that
    Rock Band 4 (PS4) -- my roommate, husband and I have been working through the main tour mode and the Rockudrama on and off for months. Last night we finished the Rockudrama and it was HI-LARIOUS.
    omegabyte wrote: »

Yeah, Tales dungeons haven't really been great since Symphonia. That was the last time they incorporated puzzles into it. I've been hoping for a return to that for ages, but I've kind of given up on that

Vesparia had puzzles, as did Abyss.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Yakuza 0 (PS4) - Well that was the best Yakuza game and everything else is going to have a tough time topping that for game of the year. Excellent combat, gripping story, fun sidequests and distractions; it was pretty much perfect for me. Oh, and the ending was just fantastic.
    I don't think I'll ever forget that last scene where Dojima shoots at Majima, missing wildly, and Majima turns around and tells him to wait his turn, he's almost done killing this hitman and you're next. It was such an awesome, over the top moment.
    I can't wait for Yakuza Kiwami to come out.
    jscarpe wrote: »
    Yakuza 0 (PS4) - Well that was the best Yakuza game and everything else is going to have a tough time topping that for game of the year. Excellent combat, gripping story, fun sidequests and distractions; it was pretty much perfect for me. Oh, and the ending was just fantastic.
    I don't think I'll ever forget that last scene where Dojima shoots at Majima, missing wildly, and Majima turns around and tells him to wait his turn, he's almost done killing this hitman and you're next. It was such an awesome, over the top moment.
    I can't wait for Yakuza Kiwami to come out.

OMGYESTOTHATSPOILER.
  • severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited March 6
    Completed a run of Yunica's route on Ys: Origin (PS4) (little over six hours, Easy difficulty because no way am I defeating those bosses on normal :) ). Will progress at least a bit more on Hugo's route before coming in with a review, but in the meantime here's a recording of me* playing the game (*me only included as random audio exclamations).

Vesparia had puzzles, as did Abyss.

They're nowhere near on par with Symphonia's though (even if they are at least something compared to everything after them).
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    The extra dungeon in Tales of Graces F had a really messed up puzzle
    sig.gif

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Final Fantasy 6 (PC) (Via steam)

I loved this, it's finally nice to own my own copy and beat it. Fun to revisit a old classic now and then :) Off to FFXV next!

Oh and yes, this was the mobile version port, so I wouldn't play it full screen on most tvs and leave expectations for graphics low.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Tales of Berseria {PC]

Decent enough, I think I liked the Xillia games more though, for whatever reason.
    Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey (PS4) -- Review to come.
    Got ending A in NieR: Automata (PS4). I'll call this a completed game, though I don't really think it's truly beaten yet. Gonna get the other endings before I'm done with it.
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS via GBC VC) - 14 hours

Yay, I beat a Zelda game for the first time in a while. I kind of want to clear the series over the course of this year and next. This year, the goal is to clear out the darkest timeline, which is about half of the series all together. I meant to finish the first game in the series earlier this year, but I am slow moving in that one--or rather having a hard time motivating myself to play it. That should be the next game I finish, though.

Overall, I guess I liked OoS. I think that I prefer Link's Awakening, maybe due to the setting.
    ClixPsi.png
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    Got ending A in NieR: Automata (PS4). I'll call this a completed game, though I don't really think it's truly beaten yet. Gonna get the other endings before I'm done with it.

Same for me
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

Same for me

Do you want to include hours with that?
    ClixPsi.png
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    Clix wrote: »
    Do you want to include hours with that?

Im actually gonna wait till I've done all the new story stuff which should take that much longer
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Kirby Super Star: SNES. Beat in one sitting (not 100%) and had a blast. This game never gets old.