If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2017 Completed Game List

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Lumo (PS4)
    I didn't like it that much. Not recommended. It's a series of platforming challenges (each room has its own challenge). The challenges were hit and miss. There's some minigames in the middle, too, and all of those were pretty fun. The isometric view, non-rotatable, often makes it hard to see where platforms are in 3D space.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    Nier Automata PS4
    Now just finished all the story stuff, clocked in at around 35hrs 10 mins, gonna try get some more endings and stuff but are calling in completed
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Resident Evil 7: biohazard (PS4). Feels weird finishing this one before some other great games this year, but my playthrough only took about 10 hours and it was a nice little diversion.

So, I have pretty mixed feelings with RE7. On one hand, they got a lot of things right here. The atmosphere, music, small creepy touches, and use of new characters is all a great direction for the series to take. The end reveal was actually pretty cool too, it wasn't exactly the direction I was expecting things to go because I figured this one had to tie into the overarching series lore. The flip side of the coin however is that the gameplay just wasn't very impressive. Lack of enemy variety, enemies who could occasionally channel the head movement of Floyd Mayweather Jr, few boss encounters, forced stealth/runaway segments, and stiff FPS movement just didn't provide much fun actually playing the title. At its best I had fun exploring the houses and watching various scenes play out. Its a bit frustrating though, because I expected a little more character development and lore. For the 7th entry into a major franchise, I just expected more content in general from the single player campaign. Comparing it to other RE games, it kept my interest unlike RE6, but I think Revelations 2 is superior. Hopefully the many good ideas in RE7 are combined with a more traditional RE style of gameplay going forward.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited March 19
    Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4): Sort of picked this up on a whim without having really given it much attention on the lead up to release but, uh, it totally ruled? Saw John Gonzales was narrative director in the credits so I guess that shouldn't have been a surprise.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited March 19
    Tomb Raider - PS4

Finally got around on completing this on my account ... and I managed to get fewer achievements on my account then I got for my wife. I'm also a little annoyed that many of the achievements require doing multiplayer
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Final Fantasy XV: PS4. Well, I did it. A part of me wishes I hadn't, a part of me is glad I did. This is not a Final Fantasy game to me, on average. It has some of the parts, but the sum of the parts does not a whole make. I'd go into more detail, but I'm sure everyone else has already said the same stuff.

Just in time for Mass Effect!!!!!
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    Legend of Grimrock 2 (PC)

Got the normal and "True" ending.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Tales of Hearts - CG Movie Version (DS)

Surprisingly nice game, after the last DS Tales I played. Currently trying some of the optional and post-game stuff.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    might as well update that I've finished all the non-joke endings in Nier: Automata.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    omegabyte wrote: »
    might as well update that I've finished all the non-joke endings in Nier: Automata.

And those are what letters?
    ClixPsi.png
    Clix wrote: »

and what system?
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

and what system?

I already know the system, since this is an update from earlier.
    ClixPsi.png
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow(GBA)

I really liked the souls system :) did have lot of fun hunting them all!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
    edited March 26
    Tales of Zestiria (PS4) - 55 hours

Yes, I bypassed ToX2, for now. With all the Berseria hype and the currently airing anime, I was in the mood to finally jump into ToZ. I actually greatly enjoyed it, and I think that I had more fun with it than I did in ToG or ToX. The game does have its problems, sure, but I still had a lot of fun with it, and the cast was far more charming than I was initially led to believe with all the incessant complaining I see for the game across the net.

On the Alisha controversy, it probably would have worked out a bit better if Lucas and Sergei had also been temp party members before Rose officially joined. Thus, it wouldn't seem as out-of-left-field that Alisha suddenly stops being playable. If each arc had a different guest, it would have probably smoothed things over a bit.
    ClixPsi.png
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Hm, looks like you missed it the first time, Clix, but I finished Tales of Hearts - CG Movie Edition (DS)

And to be complete, I also beat Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masoukishin The Lord of Elemental a second time, so I've done both the A and B path for the endgame now.
    Hm, looks like you missed it the first time, Clix, but I finished Tales of Hearts - CG Movie Edition (DS)

And to be complete, I also beat Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masoukishin The Lord of Elemental a second time, so I've done both the A and B path for the endgame now.

Weird, I remember adding that one, but you are right, I didn't. Fixed.
    ClixPsi.png

and what system?

I already know the system, since this is an update from earlier.

A, B, C, D, and E
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U). In terms of major benchmarks, I completed all of the Shrines, Memories, and Sidequests. Only got 119 Korok Seeds though.

Wow, what a journey this was. I started the game out feeling a little underwhelmed, then the game just floored me with the majesty of the world it created for the overwhelming majority of my playthrough. I did get a little burned out on collecting and exploration at the end, but a little break did just the trick to reinvigorate my desire to see most of what BOTW had to offer first hand. Its just amazing what Nintendo was able to do with this world. Not really sure what to say that hasn't already been said by all the other glowing reviews, other than that its not quite a 10/10 for me due to a few shortcomings here and there. Its a very solid 9 though, and the little problems it does have are no big deal. Almost any other year, Breath of the Wild would probably be in my top 2 favorite releases, but with Persona 5 on the way its probably going to have to settle for third.
    ChickenGod wrote: »
    Almost any other year, Breath of the Wild would probably be in my top 2 favorite releases, but with Persona 5 on the way its probably going to have to settle for third.

Then what's the other entry in the top 2? Right now, I just see P5, _____, BotW.

ClixPsi.png
    edited March 27
    Almost any other year, Breath of the Wild would probably be in my top 2 favorite releases, but with Persona 5 on the way its probably going to have to settle for third.

Then what's the other entry in the top 2? Right now, I just see P5, _____, BotW.

Ah, right. The other game that I've already had more enjoyment with this year is Berseria. Haven't listed it here yet because I've purposely put off beating it to avoid that small feeling of depression when a game you really love ends. Actually this is good, because I had meant to comment on your completion of Zestiria, Clix. That you were able to enjoy it and didn't let the technical issues and other stuff like Alisha consume your whole opinion on the game is great. Not only do I agree with you that the hatred of Zestiria online is a little overblown (I remembering adoring the first 75-80% of the game), but playing Berseria has actually made me appreciate the world and lore of Zesty even more. I can only hope you'll have just as much fun with it as I have.

Ah, right. The other game that I've already had more enjoyment with this year is Berseria. Haven't listed it here yet because I've purposely put off beating it to avoid that small feeling of depression when a game you really love ends. Actually this is good, because I had meant to comment on your completion of Zestiria, Clix. That you were able to enjoy it and didn't let the technical issues and other stuff like Alisha consume your whole opinion on the game is great. Not only do I agree with you that the hatred of Zestiria online is a little overblown (I remembering adoring the first 75-80% of the game), but playing Berseria has actually made me appreciate the world and lore of Zesty even more. I can only hope you'll have just as much fun with it as I have.

Berseria's in my top spot right now, followed closely by Nier. Breath of the Wild's completely underwhelmed me so far, though.
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Steins;Gate 0 (Vita)
    I started out really skeptical that the first game needed a sequel; it was perfectly wrapped up for my taste, but this visual novel won me over as I went along. It took me a long time to make it through this one (I wasn't always in the mood for how dark the beta world line could be), but the true ending really brought the experience home. It turned out to be a blessing to have some time stuck in the car this weekend so I could plow through to the end; now to get back to some lighter, happier games.

• 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited March 29
    I felt done piddling around in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) so I went ahead and finished it off tonight. Found 81 shrines, solved 80 of them. I couldn't find one of the memories with a rather generic picture and looked it up after beating the game and realizing the story is only complete after seeing all of the memories. It ended up I had the right idea and searched nearby, but the picture looked like it was on a path so I only searched on paths. It kinda IS on a path, but it's not drawn on the map and that's why I missed it. I didn't look up anything else and did miss some important things as a result, but that's how I wanted to play it.

It's an outstanding game. I don't have anything original to add other than this is going to be a year with several exceptional RPGs after the last few years weren't as memorable.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 30
    Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (3DS). Review to come (and sorry for the delay)
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Nier: Automata (PS4, 28 hours) - Finished this one with mixed feelings. I liked the original so much because I wasn't expecting to. This one has different expectations going in, but still wound up being very entertaining. Both had issues, but both were worth the experience.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Feel a little weird not posting my hour cause others are but my hours look stupid (two are right now at >100 hours)
    sig.gif

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 30
    The Walking Dead: Season 3 - Episode 3: Above the Law (PS4) -- No spoilers, just ouch on the decisions in this one.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited March 30
    Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4) is done! Only took 73.5 hours (did do most of the side stuff, ignored a few of the task things but they don't really seem to matter). Review probably coming early next week, need to digest a bit.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 31
    Kindred Spirits on the Roof (PC)
    Finally finished this cute visual novel that I've been chipping away at an hour at a time here and there for over three months. The "Dawwww" level was extremely high with this one and it had some of the best, most fitting music I've heard in a visual novel. Now to try to finish Breath of the Wild before Tuesday.
    Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4) is done! Only took 73.5 hours (did do most of the side stuff, ignored a few of the task things but they don't really seem to matter). Review probably coming early next week, need to digest a bit.

May not matter now, however could matter later
    sig.gif