If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2017 Completed Game List

124»

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Lumo (PS4)
    I didn't like it that much. Not recommended. It's a series of platforming challenges (each room has its own challenge). The challenges were hit and miss. There's some minigames in the middle, too, and all of those were pretty fun. The isometric view, non-rotatable, often makes it hard to see where platforms are in 3D space.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    Nier Automata PS4
    Now just finished all the story stuff, clocked in at around 35hrs 10 mins, gonna try get some more endings and stuff but are calling in completed
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Resident Evil 7: biohazard (PS4). Feels weird finishing this one before some other great games this year, but my playthrough only took about 10 hours and it was a nice little diversion.

So, I have pretty mixed feelings with RE7. On one hand, they got a lot of things right here. The atmosphere, music, small creepy touches, and use of new characters is all a great direction for the series to take. The end reveal was actually pretty cool too, it wasn't exactly the direction I was expecting things to go because I figured this one had to tie into the overarching series lore. The flip side of the coin however is that the gameplay just wasn't very impressive. Lack of enemy variety, enemies who could occasionally channel the head movement of Floyd Mayweather Jr, few boss encounters, forced stealth/runaway segments, and stiff FPS movement just didn't provide much fun actually playing the title. At its best I had fun exploring the houses and watching various scenes play out. Its a bit frustrating though, because I expected a little more character development and lore. For the 7th entry into a major franchise, I just expected more content in general from the single player campaign. Comparing it to other RE games, it kept my interest unlike RE6, but I think Revelations 2 is superior. Hopefully the many good ideas in RE7 are combined with a more traditional RE style of gameplay going forward.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited March 19
    Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4): Sort of picked this up on a whim without having really given it much attention on the lead up to release but, uh, it totally ruled? Saw John Gonzales was narrative director in the credits so I guess that shouldn't have been a surprise.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited March 19
    Tomb Raider - PS4

Finally got around on completing this on my account ... and I managed to get fewer achievements on my account then I got for my wife. I'm also a little annoyed that many of the achievements require doing multiplayer
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    Final Fantasy XV: PS4. Well, I did it. A part of me wishes I hadn't, a part of me is glad I did. This is not a Final Fantasy game to me, on average. It has some of the parts, but the sum of the parts does not a whole make. I'd go into more detail, but I'm sure everyone else has already said the same stuff.

Just in time for Mass Effect!!!!!
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    Legend of Grimrock 2 (PC)

Got the normal and "True" ending.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Tales of Hearts - CG Movie Version (DS)

Surprisingly nice game, after the last DS Tales I played. Currently trying some of the optional and post-game stuff.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    might as well update that I've finished all the non-joke endings in Nier: Automata.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    omegabyte wrote: »
    might as well update that I've finished all the non-joke endings in Nier: Automata.

And those are what letters?
    ClixPsi.png
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Clix wrote: »

and what system?
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Clix wrote: »

and what system?

I already know the system, since this is an update from earlier.
    ClixPsi.png
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow(GBA)

I really liked the souls system :) did have lot of fun hunting them all!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif