If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2017 Completed Game List

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4)

More than a few glitches and bugs in this one, but it's just so much fun that I couldn't help but do everything. I'm sitting at over 80 hours for the completion. It's too soon to go over the things I really love in this game, due to spoilers, but the finale made everything totally worth it. Plan to do another playthrough of this...after I play through Persona 5 once it comes out next week.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Blaster Master Boy (game Boy)

When I saw there were a new Blaster Master for the switch, I was very surprise and wanted to go play the old one, I start to look into that and found there one on the game boy that I never play before, so why not try this one.

So I start, ok no machine, just the boy, and he can shot and place bomb... hey wait a minute it a Bomberman game but with the character of Blaster Master.

It was not too long, but some boss were kind of hard and I was stuck near the end in complete darkness, not able to find a lamp, but I manage to find the key and the exit in the dark.
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    Toukiden 2 PS4 Finished the main story campain at 20 hrs 6 mins, at least I think thats the main story bit over
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus (2 hours, PS4) - Pretty interesting take on Gladio and more on Cor is great.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    Finished off Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure (Vita) last night (think around 6 hours overall?). Wanted to play a quick adventure game as a bit of a palette cleanser for ME:A and it did the job. Nothing particularly outstanding but amusing enough, especially in the many ways of getting game overs.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC)
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (PS4).

Decent game here, I liked it a fair bit even though it wasn't outstanding in any way. Adding the visual novel approach to the this Hyrule Warrior style combat meant it never started too feel too tedious or repetitive, and its clear that combat is not the lion's share of the experience which is welcome. My only real complaint with Extella is that you can be overwhelmed visually with all thats going on during each stage. The brisk movement speed, scattered items, constant alerts, and story interrupts can lead to sensory overload in a big way. Other than that I enjoyed my time playing one or two chapters a day and revisiting the Fate universe once again.
    Dark Souls III: The Ringed City (PS4, 6 hours) - Just glad it's over. Very little I enjoyed about this.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Tokyo Jungle (PS3)

Was fun, might continue to unlock every animal and try to do all achievement.

The end was a bit sad…
    sig.gif
    Persona 5 (PS4)

Oh my goodness, so much here to love. Confidants (formerly Social Links) actually give you stuff that can help your dungeon crawling, every new dungeon has its own mechanics and ways of going through it, and the game feels heavily of the SMT norm throughout. There were many heartwarming moments at the end of the Confidant storylines, as you'd expect from a Persona game. I spent over 100 hours on this, and have gotten most of the trophies. The one part of the game that will forever be memorable to me are the final areas, and the final battle. Definitely a must play for any fan of the franchise. I'll be doing a 2nd playthrough to platinum this.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited April 15
    Final Fantasy I - Dawn of Souls (GBA)

I always wonder what they did with the remake of the Final Fantasy, even if the extra dungeon were interesting, they did make the game way too easy.
    sig.gif
    Mr. Shifty (Switch, 5 hours) - I had a blast with this Hotline Miami inspired game, especially with the warping mechanic. Fun stuff.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) -- Adored the heck out of this game. Aloy was wonderfully compelling as a heroine and the gameplay stayed consistently solid throughout. There's a lot to love here and I'm excited to see if a sequel will be made. <3
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Turns out the spot that I figured was probably the end of Exstetra (3DS) really was the end, and while it went out with a bang, it wasn't enough to make up for a tepid story and some design decisions that could have been better thought out.

This review's going to take a while to figure out. Hopefully I'll find where I stashed that draft of the Tales of Hearts review while I'm at it...
    Persona 4: Dancing All Night (PSVita) -- Fun gameplay, but really silly, if kinda painful story.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    Just wrapped up Persona 5 (PS4). Damn, what a game. Clocked in at nearly 120 hours for me, and I wish it wasn't over. Back in February on our goty podcast, I said that it would have to be better than Persona 3 for it to top Tales of Berseria for me, and damn, it totally nailed it.

I'll have a few review up in a few days, but don't miss this game. It's amazing.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited April 18
    The Legend of Zelda (GC via The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition) - 9 hours

I am fudging the hours, but that's what I get for assuming that the Wii's activity log would count GC games. Nope. Well, this was quite the achievement for me, as ALttP was the oldest game in the series that I had played prior to this. While I do see some brilliance in this game given the time it came out in, it was not fun. At all. I technically started playing this back in January, but I kept putting it off. This led me to put off playing console games almost altogether, as I wanted to finish this before I moved on. I made an exception for ToZ, but I've seriously been meaning to sit down and finish this for a while.

Well, last night, I called to check and see if my number had been pulled for jury duty. It sounded like it had, so I reported for duty this morning, only to be turned away immediately. Collapsed highway or not, there was no way that I was going to make it to my work place in time, and I wasn't exactly geared up for it either in dress or accessories. I remotely changed my time off from jury duty to PTO. With a surprise day off and few errands to run beside voting in a run off and grabbing groceries, I finally put in the final three hours that I needed to win. I had been stuck on Dungeon 6 for the longest time. Somehow I was able to largely cruise once I finally got through that hurdle. That said, I ultimately died 24 times, but I am bad at Zelda games to start with--the second hardest in the series was bound to be ball-busting.
    ClixPsi.png
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Clix wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda...was not fun. At all.
    It's the second worst game in the series. The worst one is Adventure of Link. Opinions vary, but that's the most common one and mine as well.
    I had been stuck on Dungeon 6 for the longest time. Somehow I was able to largely cruise once I finally got through that hurdle.
    That's kind of how it goes. I was a kid when I played for the first time and I got stuck on this part as well. After trial & error you learn not to fight the wizzrobes except when absolutely necessary and grind for red potion before going in. And grind for the blue ring too. All those things helped.

• ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited April 19
    NieR: Automata (PS4). Finished in about 35 hours. Got all 5 main endings.

What a piece of work Automata was, man. My thoughts about it are like dollar bills floating around those vacuum tube gameshow devices right now. To start, the game wasn't what I was expecting it to be, and I had heard a few, admittedly vague, things going in beforehand. One person had said that each path played completely differently, and while that was mostly true, slogging through over half of ending B was pretty much the exact same as ending A with a couple of extra scenes and a couple of little tidbits here and there. To be honest, I was really unsure of my opinion going into ending B, and near the end I almost thought I would kinda dislike it just like the original NieR and Drakengard 3. However, the events immediately following B had me hooked to my seat so hard, thats when the real meat and power of the experience that I'd been craving from the game for like 17+ hours had finally kicked in. Theres tons of twists and turns that I don't really want to mention here, but what I will say is that I was actually expecting to have my mind blown by some kind of earthshattering plot turn, but unfortunately that did not happen. The imagery in the game can be pretty bizarre and powerful, and Automata does its best to show you the concepts it wants to present rather than tell and it usually works pretty well. The actual stuff that happens to the characters in game can be pretty thought provoking and emotionally gut-wrenching at times too.

Even after all that I've written I don't feel like I adequately addressed Automata at all. For me its a tale of two halves. The initial open world segments that has lots of sidequests and some repetition strewn in weren't as strong as the tightly paced second stanza from my point of view. I honestly don't even know if I played the game properly, as I was so invested in the main storyline that I didn't care to go out to my way to find all the secrets, complete all the quests, or customize my pod and equipment meticulously. Regardless Automata was a really unique experience that I'm happy to have played.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Persona 5 (PS4) - Maxed social links, 96% Compendium, 76% trophies.

The last battle sequence of this game might be the most metal thing I've ever seen.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
    Shaymin wrote: »

The last battle sequence of this game might be the most metal thing I've ever seen.

My fav part of the game was the final calling card. That thing was epic.
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    omegabyte wrote: »

My fav part of the game was the final calling card. That thing was epic.
    Everything from the twist to the finale, story wise, was absolutely amazing.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    I beat the final boss of Persona 5 (PS4) late last evening, but the epilogue ran past when I wanted to go to bed, so I rolled the credits today. Midway through, the slow pace of a couple dungeons was pulling the game down for me, but the last fifth was so great it more than made up for it. 110 hours, and I seriously don't know how you people max so many confidants on the first run. I maxed less than half, though it looked like two I had at rank 9 were blocked by the end, and I falsely assumed I had another couple days to finish off another at 9.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I totally admit that I used a walkthrough to make sure everything was maxed the first time. (Don't intend to replay until the definitive edition comes out.)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    I totally admit that I used a walkthrough to make sure everything was maxed the first time. (Don't intend to replay until the definitive edition comes out.)

What if there is no definitive edition>
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    Totally forgot to add that I finished Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode 1: Tangled Up in Blue (PS4). Really enjoyed this first episode and give the emotional gut punch it hits the player with, I am curious to see how this one goes.

Thanks! I feel a little better now :)
    7thCircle wrote: »

Thanks! I feel a little better now :)

i think it depends a bit on how you play. After the first dungeon, i made sure to spend as few days dungeon crawling as possible. Only went to Mementos once a month, and tried to get through each palace to the treasure room in one day if possible. I discovered fairly early on that you could buy SP-regen accessories, so that definitely helped things, and I also learned fairly quickly to not spend too much time leveling up social stats, since you get so many boosts to them from certain confidants. In the last couple of months of the game, I definitely abused the hell out of Chihaya and Kawakami though haha
    edited April 24
    Yeah, I realized late in the game that not leveling Kawakami fast was detrimental. I did all the palaces in either 1 or 2 trips, and only went into Mementos when I had 3 requests or 2 if one of them would expand it.
    The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - A New Frontier Episode 4: Thicker than Water (PS4) -- So this hurt. A lot. This episode in particular reminded me of the rough decisions that you get forced to make in the first game, jam packed with all the intensity and swearing you could imagine.