If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 409: "Body Butter"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 409: "Body Butter"

Get lathered up and ready to hug your mana sabers. Today we Switch things up and talk about how many episodes it takes to destroy Namek. Then we waffle on Disgaea, mourn Scalebound, and learn all there is to know about FFXIV.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Body Butter"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
Will you buy a switch?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited January 16
    I will be buying a Switch because, well, I'd lose one of my gigs if I didn't.

The pricing is crazy not just for the system (€329/£279/C$399/AU$469) but the accessories (a second set of Joy-Con is $100 here).

But I'm cool with the Wii U version of BotW and surviving on Bomberman, Setsuna and other eShop surprises for a couple of months.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited January 16
    At least the system comes with two controllers and that price is for two more controllers (they also appear to be only $80 here on Amazon). As opposed to PS4 coming with only 1 controller and you have to pay $60 for a second controller. So tired of consoles these days acting like second controller is optional (I mean it is, technically, but it's bs that you have to spend another $60 just to play with some one else in person).
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I will probably buy a Switch at some point, but most likely not for at least a year. I just bought a Wii U a few months ago and still have several Wii U games to play through, not to mention the entire rest of my backlog.

I'm tempted to try Dragonball Fusions based on Anna's recommendation, but I really want to finish Dragonball Attack of the Saiyans first. Plus Dragon Quest 8 may or may not put all my other RPGs on hold for a while.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    I don't know what I'm going to do about the Switch. I have one preordered right now, but I know that with Mass Effect coming out in March and Persona 5 following in early April I wouldn't play it much. I ought to wait till Christmas and thereby avoid the temptation to buy launch games that I won't play much, but that would involve rationality winning over "ooohhh shiny."
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    I was hoping to get the Switch at launch, but that won't happened. I rarely get systems at launch, but I'm excited for the Switch. I'll get it sooner rather than later.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

A (rambling) question/topic for the podcast (probably especially for Anna). I've seen a few Nintendo fans talking about how the Switch is going to have tons of 3rd party exclusives from the likes of NIS and Altus like the 3DS did and I just don't see that happening. It seems like the 3DS had lots of exclusives because of low development costs and once you have a game developed for it, the costs would be relatively substantial to upgrade the graphics and get the interface back to one screen to be with porting back to PS4/PC (though plenty of high profile games ended up on mobile). With the Switch, games will already be at 720p and have to at least look passible on a TV (at least I hope they will) and there won't be a second screen to fiddle with, so unless the game makes extensive use of motion controls, why wouldn't a 3rd party make games for other platforms? If Nintendo isn't kicking in money, I don't see why they would get 3rd party exclusives on the Switch. Am I missing something? Maybe Anna knows more about the behind the scenes relationships that would create Nintendo exclusives without money changing hands?
    Or maybe my question is will the Switch be the love child of the 3DS and Vita or just the portable way to play Japanese games that are also on PS4/PC?
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    I put this question in our notes for next week -- sorry we didn't see it before the show :)
    Paws wrote: »
    I put this question in our notes for next week -- sorry we didn't see it before the show :)

Don't worry about it, I got it in laaaate