If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 410: "Birds Are Weird"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 410: "Birds Are Weird"

We send some Fire Emblem info DIRECTLY to you. Then Alice gets Chris up to speed on the latest in Final Fantasy MMOs. Finally we all embark on a fever dream of chocobo costumed space exploration with anime dating. That or I fell asleep while editing the show. I'm not really sure.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Birds Are Weird"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What's the next RPG coming out that you'll actualy play?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited January 21
    I tried to get Chris's attention using Twitter during the cast to correct one of the PlayStation blog's errors...

Tokyo Xanadu is coming out on PS4 in the EU in Fall, not Winter. This is confirmed by one of Aksys Games's employees.
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    Hey, I'm glad to see you took my advice to cover more literary fiction with Haruki Murakami. His older stuff is hard to read (and isn't translated as well — I'm looking at you, Dance Dance Dance) but I like his newer works. It feels like everyone has read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Now if you'd just include sections on publishing and archery you could be the only podcast I'd need to listen to!
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I thought I was doing pretty well when I beat the first boss in Dragon Quest 8. Then my party was obliterated by bunny rabbits.

I really like how DQ8 did away with random encounters in favor of on-screen encounters that can (usually) be evaded. It puts a lot more control in the hands of the player.

While Dragon Quest 7 is definitely too long a game, even by the standards of JRPGs, they couldn't have cut any of the scenarios when it was remade for the 3DS. Too many fans of the series would have been unhappy that stuff was removed, or chosen to play the uncut PSX version instead of buying the remake.