If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Trent's JRPG Quest

InstaTrentInstaTrent Opinion GuyRPGamer Staff
edited January 27 in Staff Review Blogs
Trent is on a year-long journey of self-discovery. Only JRPGs will be played and he will complete as many as possible.

JRPG Quest I.5
"To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    I keep going back and forth with wanting to grab I Am Setsuna. On one hand, I worry I might not dig it, on the other hand there is a part of me that wants to play it because it has such a yesteryear feel to it. Also I do love shorter JRPGs.

I look forward to seeing what games you play over the course of your journey!
  • InstaTrentInstaTrent Opinion Guy RPGamer Staff
    I think you'd really like I Am Setsuna. Might wanna wait for a sale though; it's a great $25 purchase.
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    I probably would have gotten Setsuna if it were portable; the game seems like a good fit for a portable system and I've been way too backlogged on console to pick it up there. Maybe when I eventually pick up a Switch it will make a good fit.

Also, I hope when your Vita comes in you get around to trying Trails of Cold Steel. The Trails series isn't for everyone (it defiantly has a deliberate pace and tons of both mandatory and optional dialog), but I love the ambition that Falcom has for creating this deep, interconnecting narrative that leaves you speculating where it will go next. It seems like with its modernizations, Cold Steel has been a good jumping on point for a lot of people.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    As for goals of how many to finish? If you play 1 hour per day every day, on average, that's 365 hours of gaming time, enough to complete 9 40-hour adventures. So I'd say go for that.
  • InstaTrentInstaTrent Opinion Guy RPGamer Staff
    I've picked up Trails of Cold Steel for Vita already. It was on sale for an insane price.

Played it previously using the rental service on my PS4 but there were audio sync issues (that's streaming for you). Excited to dig in with it.

Past few days I've been investing in Kingdom Hearts, because I believe in self toture. :)