If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 412: "Your Mum Is Cool"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 412: "Your Mum Is Cool"

This week we learn how to make SRPGs on the 3DS. We learn the minimum post-consumer content of dragon girls in our FFXIV guild. And we get professional guidance about how to succeed at Tales Of battle systems.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Your Mum Is Cool"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What's the first game you remember playing?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited February 14
    I don't know the name of the first video game I played; it was some Atari title on a friend's system.

The first RPG I played was Bard's Tale II on our neighbor's Commodore 64. That game got me into RPGs for life.

I can't figure out the nuances of the Tales battle system either, so it's good to know that setting it to "Easy" and mashing buttons is a workable strategy.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I believe the first game I played was a port of Mario Bros (no Super) for... I want to say an Atari 7800 we had kicking around the house.

Though I recall reading the instruction manual for River Raid a fair bit.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    I'm not totally sure what my first game was; some of my earliest memories are of playing Commodore 64 games in the living room, but I was only 3-5 years old so I don't remember what the games were. I do have specific memories of playing Space Invaders on the C64; not sure if it was first, but lets go with that.

As for RPGs, unless we count something like Panzer General that had lots of RPG elements, I didn't play one till Final Fantasy 8 and I didn't get hooked on them till I got a PSP and played Jeanne D'Arc. Hence the SNES and PS1 holes in my RPG playing history.