If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 413: "We Need A Bouncer"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 413: "We Need A Bouncer"

Anna Marie get some counseling for her two star woes. Alice and Chris make it clear they don't know how to deal with large tortoises. Kelley gets a new kitty in real life and in WoW. Also, her cat has like seven toes. It's really weird.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "We Need A Bouncer"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
Now that E3 is open to the public, will you go?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited February 12
    I call BS. 1) The first ending is not a "bad ending" 2) You can't even get the "good" ending without finishing the game first. So it's a bonus, period. Bad ending cop out is if like you screw up in Persona 4 and end it early and then don't actually finish, not this.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    World of Warcraft currently has its Valentine's Day event. There's a special Valentine's Day scenario that players can queue for, with a TINY chance winning a Big Love Rocket mount. What's new this year is that characters as low as level 15 can queue for the scenario, thanks to the new scaling tech, so obsessive mount farmers are free to farm it 50 times a day if they really want to.

There are also two new WoW toys for the Valentine's Day event, which can be purchased by doing quests to collect enough Love Tokens before the event ends.

QotW: I'm not going to E3 because I don't like to travel, and I'm perfectly happy reading media coverage of the event.

I think any money spent on visiting E3 would much better spent buying video games, or traveling to an event that's more "fan-friendly" or "fun-oriented", like Games Done Quick or EVO.

I'm also expecting scalped E3 public tickets to skyrocket in price.

I strongly suspect that this change to E3 is a desperate move to keep the event successful and profitable. More and more shows have appeared to steal E3's limelight; allowing the public in is both a direct revenue boost and helps create a short-term media buzz. I have no idea whether it's a good idea in the long term.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I wasn't planning on going to E3 this year anyway - PAX East is as far as I can afford right now - and adding an extra 15,000 people to the show makes it even less attractive for me as someone who would like to do work there.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    E3 with 15k more people at it sounds awful. I wonder if the general public is roaming the halls publishers will be more careful about what they are showing since any yahoo with a phone could slap it on the Internet with no context.

Anyway, for the good question, the funniest Yakuza Zero side mission. So many to choose from: the pet chicken (Nugget) who is managing my real estate empire in Tokyo, participating in a music video with Michael Jackson (oh, excuse me it's "Magic" Jackson in the game :wink: ), or Pocket Circuit Racing to win the affection of an 11 year old (it's complicated). But the best had to be the stealth mission to purchase an adult magazine from a vending machine without being seen by any women which would make Kiryu too embarrassed to go through with it.

Seriously, Yakuza Zero is the best in the series so far and the sidequests have had me laughing out loud every night.