If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 416: "Mohel Simulator 2017"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 416: "Mohel Simulator 2017"

RPGCast is surprisingly current this week. That's right, besides the expected Super Robot Wars V, Zelda, and Horizon: Zero Dawn impressions, we have info on the hotly anticipated FFXIV and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Cozy up to your Zune and give the show a listen.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Mohel Simulator 2017"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What would convince you to buy a switch?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited March 8
    The Shibuya scramble is the crossing in front of the Shibuya Station Hachiko station, and it is indeed featured heavily in The World Ends with You as well as many other games, anime, movies, and such that feature Shibuya. I went there when I was visited Japan in September 2015, and it's really neat to see in person.

What would convince me to buy a Switch? Me having enough time to play console games. I play maybe three or so hours a week these days. Though I would jump at the chance to get that upcoming Fire Emblem Switch game, a sequel to Tokyo Mirage Sessions (or even a port of the first game, provided it gets an English dub track), or the next Devil Survivor game. I disregard my backlog for games I really, really want all the time. :P
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    Dear RPGCast,
    After playing Disgaea, do you find yourself having to fight a tendency to add an L to the end of lahar when you spell it or say it? I can't be the only one with this problem.
    Kittens and Catnip,
    -Seraphimkitten
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    A new Mario RPG is probably the only thing that could get me to buy the Switch right now. None of the Switch-exclusive release titles interest me, and I have a backlog of games to play already, including 3DS games, Wii U games, PS4 games, older Mario platformers, and the everlasting timesink that is World of Warcraft.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I had to buy one for site work. If it wasn't for that, I think the combination of Puyo Puyo Tetris (digital) and the Disgaea 5 GOTY edition might have caused me to pick one up, inflated local price or no.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Did you have to beat the game first to get Morrie? I remember someone here insisting that you have to.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    As far as I can tell, both characters can be recruited during the main story (I picked up Red and can confirm this one for sure.) The only reason I didn't recruit Morrie is because I hate the arena. His Monstrous Pit did not appeal to me.
    edited March 9
    The monsters were a great boon to have in the PS2 version. I always liked to bring them out at the beginning of a boss battle (and many others) to get some hits in and soak up some of the damage.

Oh, on the question. It would take both a price drop and more games. Considerably more games. I'd probably do it if they put all worthwhile wii and wii u titles as downloadable titles, made them available for reasonable prices (I definitely expect to not pay more than $20 for wii or even older wii u games), and included sufficient storage space to make this a reasonable way of getting all those games without the issue of constantly having to delete and redownload games. As for now, I'll just wait for the successor to the 3DS.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    and included sufficient storage space to make this a reasonable way of getting all those games without the issue of constantly having to delete and redownload games. As for now, I'll just wait for the successor to the 3DS.

buy a large SD card, most people these days have to buy extra storage for even PS4/Xbone. Love to finally have a physical storage medium in a game console that doesn't require installing the whole game onto storage.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
    edited March 9
    I'm finding that too, because even games where I own the disc take up ridiculous amounts of space after installation. Annoys me that I have some games taking up like 70 gigs (some of that is DLC, I'm sure, but still) where I own the disc and already had to delete some stuff to make a download on PS4 even though I have very few games downloaded for it. That doesn't change my criteria though. The necessity of buying a large SD card would be factored into the price at which I'm willing to buy a Switch, I assure you, and if I'm getting the Switch primarily to play digital Wii and Wii U games, then I won't accept less than a few hundred gigs of space. If enough good games come out for the Switch that I don't need to rely on an incentive like that, I'm more likely to be flexible on storage space. However, I prefer to buy my games digital these days, so would be nice to have decent storage space.
    short of a redesign with a fancy massive solid state drive, a big SD card (they go to at least 512GB) is going to be the only option.
    sig.gif
    Um.....512 GB SD cards are probably hundreds of dollars right? There's no way I'm spending double console price on an SD card. The max Id probably go for is 128, MAYBE 256, but they're going to have to throw in Zelda for free if they make me buy that.
    Um.....512 GB SD cards are probably hundreds of dollars right? There's no way I'm spending double console price on an SD card. The max Id probably go for is 128, MAYBE 256, but they're going to have to throw in Zelda for free if they make me buy that.

you aren't buying it now anyway, they are sure to be cheaper after the long period it takes for them to add all you require for a purchase :)
    sig.gif
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    For me it's not whether I'll buy a Switch, but when. Xenoblade 2 and Fire Emblem Switch are plenty to get me over the hump so I'll probably get one late this year or early next year. Hopefully by waiting I'll be able to resist the urge to buy the mediocre launch games (Bomberman) and the rehashes I already own (Mario Kart).