If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 417: "Amiibucket"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 417: "Amiibucket"

This week we have two essential tips for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. We ask, "What's too much to spend on a video game?" Is this FFXV star too much for you to handle? And finally, you won't BELIEVE who we caught hanging out in inappropriate swimwear!

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Amiibucket"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
Do you pre-order games? Last game you pre-ordered?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited March 12
    $200 for the worst FF (okay, after FF2 -NES)?! I wouldn't pay $10 no matter how many extras. Okay, I actually wouldn't use the download space if it were free.

Also, why are they charging $7 for costume sets? I probably wouldn't download those if they were free either, tbh, but I can't understand anyone who would spend $7 just to dress up the characters like characters from another game. Just play that other game! Seems pretty outrageous to put these costume sets separately too. If you're charging $7 for this rot, at least do multiple costume sets in one.

I pre-ordered Persona 5. I don't usually pre-order games, in fact I usually wait for the price to drop, but when it comes to Persona, all bets are off.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I preorder on Amazon as a matter of course because the 20% off basically pays for a year of Prime and then some. If Best Buy had Gamer's Club Unlocked I would use that.

Last thing I preordered was a set of FFXII Zodiac Age (standard edition), Culdecept ReVolt and RPG Maker FES.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    When I first started Zelda, I was thinking I'm upgrading nothing but hearts. How wrong I was.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    I do preorder and always do it in a store. I could just do preorders through Amazon, but I'm old fashion, so to speak. I recently preordered Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    Sorry Chris, I almost called in because you sounded down about the lack of calls, but my loathing of listening to my own voice ultimately won out. I don't really have anything that interesting to say anyway.

As for preorders, I try to keep them to a minimum and I usually limit them to the very occasional special edition that catches my eye and games from smaller publishers where the preorder maybe actually helps. So right now I have the Persona 5 "Take Your Heart" edition, Tokyo Xanadu Vita Special Edition, Fire Emblem Echoes, and (please don't hate me Anna) Summon Night 6 on Vita preordered.

Also, sitting here on Friday evening, I hope the rumors of damaged Persona 5 cases causing another delay aren't true. Right now my twitter time-line is full of people freaking out about canceled orders at Amazon and rumors that it will be delayed till June.

Oh, one other Persona 5 related inquiry; isn't it kind of weird that there is a Persona 5 controller skin that's included with the standard version of the game but not with the special edition? I personally don't care because I can't imagine putting stickers on my controller, but it feels weird for the Special Edition to miss something the regular edition gets.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    I don't hate you <3 Honestly, I wouldn't even be that mad if Chris wanted to buy the Summon Night games, IF he'd play them. He probably won't, and I definitely won't. But ultimately people should buy and play what makes them happy :)
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    jscarpe wrote: »

Also, sitting here on Friday evening, I hope the rumors of damaged Persona 5 cases causing another delay aren't true. Right now my twitter time-line is full of people freaking out about canceled orders at Amazon and rumors that it will be delayed till June.

Welp, looks like they were just rumors:

Apparently some were accidentally canceled by Amazon, but there is no problem with the games/packaging. I guess after Persona 5's tortured development cycle I'm ready to believe the sky is falling at the first sign. My bad.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    I went back and looked over the people on reddit complaining and everyone who's order was cancelled was outside the contiguous US (typically SEA/Hawai'i). So it may not be a big mystery after all.