If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Poll - 2017

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
Which platform will have the best RPG lineup in 2017?
Mobile
PC
PS4
Switch
3DS
Vita
Xbox One
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    From the way it's looking, PS4 so far.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    PS4/Vita or Switch. I think we're seeing end life for the 3DS and Xbone is still going to be boning me with hardly any RPG released I can't get on PS4 as well.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    Definitely PC. We have Expeditions: Viking releasing in a few weeks. Battletech is probably releasing in the summer or fall (while technically a turn-based strategy, the campaign mode will have significant RPG elements). Icy: Remastered Edition (previously released in 2015, it was sort of an adventure game / visual novel with RPG elements, it will now be more of a full fledged CRPG). There's also a great looking game called "No Truce With the Furies" that is supposed to be released at the end of the year.

Other possible 2017 PC releases include: Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond, Age of Grit, Prisonscape, Copper Dreams, Graywalkers: Purgatory, Divinity Original Sin 2, Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements, Vigilantes, Bloom: Memories, & The Meridian Shard

Torment: Tides of Numenera was released earlier this year on PC, XB1, & PS4. I haven't played much of it but seems decent at least.

The only potential non-PC release I'm really interested in is the 3DS remake of Radiant Historia (hasn't been confirmed for North America yet, but since the NDS original has already been localized I expect this will be, too).
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    The PS4 has started off strong with Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5. It's possible that the PC RPG lineup could surpass the PS4's in 2017, but we'll see.
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactics Ogre, I choose u! Full Members
    PC easily will surpass any console - for RPG's
    Check out my writing and art by following this link to my work: www.stevenmouland.com
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    Let us have some results now.

PS4 1117 65.06%
    PC 202 11.76%
    Switch 146 8.50%
    Vita 119 6.93%
    3DS 114 6.64%
    Mobile 12 0.70%
    Xbox One 7 0.41%
    Total Votes 1717
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    That's fair. Considering P5 will beat all the other RPGs combined, it should have been even more of a runaway though.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.