If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

17 PS4 Screens - 16 3DS Screens - Dragon Quest XI

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Another new set of screenshots shows how various aspects of Dragon Quest XI look on PS4 on 3DS. This particular batch focuses on towns, fields, and dungeons.

[ PS4 Screens ]
[ 3DS Screens ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• VeghEstherVeghEsther Strat-wonk. Full Members
    edited March 13
    Though I own both (only the PS4 is region free) but since my PC for using fansites/wiki's in japanese text + auto translation is nowhere close to my PS4 I'm forced into buying the JPN only 3DS version (and play it on a import 3DS) in order to use those same wiki's and still be right in front of my computer.

That's something I CAN'T do if playing the PS4 version.

Also I'm hoping jobs will NOT use the crappy Skill point system that DQ8 and 9 have which is why exactly I will never play those games and find the 3DS version of DQ7 to be the BETTER 3DS game between it and DQ8.

I'm also hoping unlike DQ7 3DS DQ11 keeps ALL skills and spells in between jobs to be usable meaning you don't lose any of the Paladin job skills/spells after you master that job and switch to Gladiator/Battle master for example.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Don't you feel it sucks the life out of a game to play it while looking at a wiki? I can do that for somethings on a second playthrough, but never on the first. The sanctity of the experience is far more important than getting everything.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • OrophinOrophin New Member Full Members
    VeghEsther wrote: »
    Though I own both (only the PS4 is region free) but since my PC for using fansites/wiki's in japanese text + auto translation is nowhere close to my PS4 I'm forced into buying the JPN only 3DS version (and play it on a import 3DS) in order to use those same wiki's and still be right in front of my computer.

That's something I CAN'T do if playing the PS4 version.
    You can do remote play on PC, if your PC can handle it.
    edited March 14
    Well in this case since I don't understand/can't read Japanese text at all for ANY import games no matter what system the game is on I'm kind of forced to use a wiki/fansite/gamefaqs.com walkthrough for ANY imports.

Its just that my PS4 is like over 10 feet away from my computer so theirs no way I can go back and forth between my PS4 and a Japanese wiki/fansite walkthrough using google and its auto text translator to play import games at the same time unless the import game is a PSP/Vita/3DS/DS title.

As for Remote play I still find going back and forth between Japanese wiki's and playing the game on a PC to still be too much of a pain in the Moo to do forcing me to only play a American PS4 version of the game after that happens but play the Import Switch/3DS version only.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    I hope they fix the outdated save system. Sure is pretty.
    I wouldn't worry about that even if saving is normally done via churchs/camp menu screen (world map only) the game will still use DQ7's 3DS versions Quick Save menu but only for very specific dungeons if you want to save before a boss fight.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Actually DQ8's 3DS quick save allowed you to quick save any where
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    OK I wasn't sure since I hated everything about the SP system from the PS2 game that's why I will never play the 3DS version of DQ8 at all but won't play DQ9 on the DS either and the 2 Dragon Quest hero's games still use the crappy SP system.

So I'm still hoping that quicksave for DQ11 still works right in front of a boss even if you can't use it in most dungeons just cave like areas.