If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Enix Impressions - PAX East 2017

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
Square Enix had all of its recent and upcoming releases on display at this year's PAX East. We got a chance to sit down with three of these games.

Square Enix Impressions - PAX East 2017
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I'm sure I'll be ready for ff12 remaster when it comes out. That's such a meaty game. I look forward to maybe going for a 100% run in it.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll be ready for ff12 remaster when it comes out. That's such a meaty game. I look forward to maybe going for a 100% run in it.

Should be easier with the crazy fast forward feature!
    sig.gif
    I've never fought yazimat or whatever that Super bosses name is. Always wanted to though, so this is a good chance to do that.
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Lost the ability to punctuate in a freak comma-splice Full Members
    In my case I don't want any of these 3 games so I'll be going right to dragon quest 11 instead.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    What about some different versions of the games? Maybe at different prices?
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Lost the ability to punctuate in a freak comma-splice Full Members
    edited March 17
    Well I won't play the new version of FF12 at ANY price since I hated everything about the PS2 versions Jobs/Gambits/Licence grid system and I gave up playing the Kingdom hearts games around the time that the 2nd game on the PS2 got released.

But Dragon quest hero's BOTH games use the crappy Skill point system that DQ8 and 9 have and I hated those 2 dragon quest games BECAUSE of that so both Hero's 1 and 2 isn't for me I won't play either at any price point.
    You have mentioned that you hate that skill system, but it seems like a very limited thing to completely hate a game over.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I seem to have forgotten to include my impressions of Dragon Quest XI, my apologies, here you go:

sirnotap.jpg
    sig.gif
    edited March 19
    As for Final Fantasy 12 I hated its skill system for the same reasons as DQ 8 and 9 having to unlock ANY weapon/armor via the Licence grid just TO equip it and the gambit system doesn't make farming for SP or AP any better.

Dragon quest Hero's BOTH games use the crappy SP system from DQ8 and 9 which is why I will never play ALL 4 Dragon Quest games that use that system

The ONLY SP gain games I've played or every will play is the PS1/PSP Star Ocean games and that's it.

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    DQ8 doesn't make you unlock weapons to use them. Comparing having weapon type specific skills to a skill to equip a weapon is ridiculous.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.