If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fire Emblem Echoes Gets Some Character

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
A ton of new characters get added to the Japanese site for Fire Emblem Echoes and in Fire Emblem fashion there are a lot of them. Some gameplay systems were also detailed.

[Story]

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    This game does bring back magic consuming HP in order to cast like in the original Famicom version. I'm still not sure if the weapons triangle is in or not. Magic is suppose to be very powerful, but the HP thing still sounds annoying.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    It's weird that they are bringing back magic consuming HP; seems like that's an archaic mechanic that's been dead for generations. Atelier Rorona is the last game I remember with that mechanic and that has to be close to 10 years old at this point. Then again, Fire Emblem mages usually have such low defense that I assume they will be one hit killed by enemy anyway so it may not change that much for the way I play.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    This game does bring back magic consuming HP in order to cast like in the original Famicom version. I'm still not sure if the weapons triangle is in or not. Magic is suppose to be very powerful, but the HP thing still sounds annoying.
    The weapon triangle was not in the original Gaiden, so it may not be here. I recall terrain was incredibly powerful, and they stated that magic ignores terrain. It seems they mean for magic to be the last resort for this sort of thing.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited March 19
    They put the weapons triangle into Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, which are remakes. The original games did not have the triangle. I haven't seen confirmation one way or the other about Echoes.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs