If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Falcom Provides Early Trails of Cold Steel III Info

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
Falcom has some new details regarding the premise for the third Trails of Cold Steel game. Those yet to play through the previous two games should obviously beware of potential spoilers.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• VeghEstherVeghEsther Full Members
    However I'd rather play CS3 eventually in english text/audio I will NEVER play games on my PC so for me Kiseki the 3rd is out of the question I'll stick with my Japan PSP/Vita evolution version of Kiseki the 3rd as the only version of it worth playing.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    PC sales are the only reason we got TitS 2 and 3 in English in the first place. I love y'all on Team Handheld, but that's just the way the Western market is going. Frankly, I'd rather get PC versions of high-quality RPGs like TitS 3 than the watered-down gacha cell phone games many Japanese publishers are putting out because that's the way their market is going right now.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Oh man, this just reminds me that after 3rd comes out, we western fans enter a long winter of waiting for another Trails game. After 4 have come out in the past year and a half, it will be hard to adjust to waiting years for another game to come out.
    I will NEVER play PC games so for me I only played SC on my PSP ONLY so yes the only version of Kiseki the 3rd I played or will EVER play is the PSP/HD Kai PS3/Evolution Vita versions ALL of which will never be translated from Japanese to english.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited March 18
    Well I guess you'll just have to announce these facts on our forums at every opportunity instead, won't you?
    edited March 20
    I also plan on playing CS3 ONLY on "easy" mode as well for BOTH the JPN version of the American version of it as well and transfer my CS2 file over to the American CS3 IF that's even possible.
  • NefarioCallNefarioCall Member Full Members
    Those graphics looks really pretty... it's all a very long way from CS1...
    Which in turn is 1 of the reasons CS3 is PS4 the entire game is too big for the Vita itself.

But one can blame Sony for that making Vita games only as Large as 4 Gigabytes in memory when CS3 will take up MORE space then that.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    There are multi-cart Vita games, well at least ONE multi-cart Vita game. Guessing Falcom doesn't want to repeat Trails SC on PSP here, though.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Exactly then again I can't name a single multi Cart USA game that did get put on the Vita/PS TV.

However for SC the total memory space to install BOTH UMD's combined still added up to less then 4 Gigs of memory space CS3 will end up using more then 4 gigs so a Vita version is just not possible YET without compressing the data.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    In terms of your first point: Yes, Mac is more knowledgeable than you.

For your second point: I cannot parse what you are trying to express.