If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 418: "Zelda Let's Go Bowling"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 418: "Zelda Let's Go Bowling"

I'll be honest with you. I'm pretty sick and I don't remember what happened on this episode. I think I eventually complained about Mass Effect and Alice talked about robots. At some point my wife left me but she's still here so I'm not sure how that went down. I'm going to go take a nap.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Zelda Let's Go Bowling"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What's your NERD talent?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited March 19
    You definitely don't need to be level 50 to do the Dragovian stuff. Not sure it's worth it anyway, but it's not that much harder than just beating the game (unless they significantly ramped up the difficulty for the 3DS version). The more annoying part about it is fighting the final boss again afterward.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited March 24
    My nerd talent, hmmm...I suppose it would be my ability to identify English voice actors in video games and anime. Either that, or spending double the amount of time (or more) to complete a game than the average person.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I intend to finish the Dragovian trials and the complete postgame of Dragon Quest 8 on the 3DS, but I understand why other gamers wouldn't want to. The DQ8 main quest is LONG. I'm 60+ hours into the game, just got flying, and I still have a ways to go (although I have been distracted by sidequests).

I think DQ8 has the second longest main-quest in the entire series. The longest main-quest installment is DQ7, and DQ9 has the longest postgame.

DQ8 flying controls advice: The key to flying where you want is to imagine a straight line to your destination on the map, then hold the analog stick left (or right) until the map arrow representing the party is pointing to your destination, then release the analog stick. Holding the analog stick up while you fly forward will let you get a good look at the ground for potential landing spots.

DQ8 leveling advice: there's an island full of metababbles and a forested area full of metal king slimes on the overworld map; both places can only be reached by flying.

QoTW: My nerd talent is writing video game fanfiction, which is every bit as glamorous and lucrative as it sounds.