If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 175: The Ys Have It

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
Through new episodes, remakes, prequels and some combination of the above the adventures of Adol Christin continue. On the PSP, Vita and PC he goes, and we're here to chronicle some further stories in the world of Ys.
Fast paced, rocking action awaits.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited March 21
    around 16 minute there a song of Ys that start over you, it make it quite hard to follow!
    thanks!

(mod edit: It's Ys not Y's! My OCD requires me to fix this.)
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • Seifer267Seifer267 Full Members
    Ombres wrote: »
    around 16 minute there a song of Ys that start over you, it make it quite hard to follow!
    thanks!

Honestly I'm glad you wrote this comment because I took that "oversight" as artistic direction. Call me a Phil fanboy, but he hosted the living (can I say Moo?) Moo out of this episode which easily could've been hours and hours longer with the amount of content that it tackled.
    Did it change my mind about Ys? No. Did it give me a bit more respect for the series based on the co-host's/guest's undying enthusiasm? Hell yes. And maybe with a few more devestators under my belt I might bravely buy the Ys origins collection on ps4 someday.
    Killer episode!
    No I am not gonna buy breath of the wild or horizon. Gotta save that dopamine for persona!!!
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    Ombres wrote: »

That funny because I don't know why in my mind it always been Y's not Ys, but thanks for the fix :)

Ys have been part of my young, I did play the first on Sega master more than I can count.

I am glad they did remake the 4th one lately. I have to say that I liked the version of the 3rd on Genesis and Snes as much as the new remake on the PC. Even if they were similar(the 2 old versions), the one on the genesis was the best in my opinion.

Yeah I do love the great job Phil and Mike do with the Backtrack too.
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited March 23
    I was reading a book about king author once and they were talking about the city of Ys. Always wondered if they were related or just coincidence.
  • severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    I was reading a book about king author once and they were talking about the city of Ys. Always wondered if they were related or just coincidence.

There's a reason the opening to Ys Origin is voiced in French :)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Budai wrote: »

There's a reason the opening to Ys Origin is voiced in French :)

Oh I see. Guess I need to read up on this French legend.