If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Impression - Mass Effect: Andromeda

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
Mass Effect: Andromeda is a big game, so having a review ready for launch was always going to be a stretch. However, RPGamers can read up on some impressions from its first thirty hours.

[ Impression ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    I haven't read any of the reviews on ME:A, but your impression answered a lot of the potential questions I had on the game. I loved the original trilogy, but I think it is so easy to have insanely high expectations for ME:A given the pedigree of what came before (regardless of whether you are a fan or not). I am actually looking forward to playing my copy when it arrives so I can form my own opinions about the game, but your impression leaves me somewhat hopeful given how social media has been responding to it.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    From what I'm playing, I'm enjoying the game, but I do admit that it runs into the slow start problem most RPGs have. Sure you get that action early on, but it's more akin to ME1's opening, where you have this small talk, large action section, and then a long winded small talk again. Luckily it seems that it's picking up once you get access to the Tempest.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    From what I'm playing, I'm enjoying the game, but I do admit that it runs into the slow start problem most RPGs have. Sure you get that action early on, but it's more akin to ME1's opening, where you have this small talk, large action section, and then a long winded small talk again. Luckily it seems that it's picking up once you get access to the Tempest.

BioWare specifically does this in its games: an action-packed prologue followed by a lengthy talkathon in an open area in a dull attempt to establish the setting. I think ME2 and ME3 were unusual in how they didn't start slow, probably because ME1 had three games' worth of a slow start.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • mooserockamooserocka New Member Full Members
    I have been playing. I like the ga,e it's just ok. It has a lot of flaws one is its Aracely like the old ones barely any changes. Also getting from planet to p,a net is way to long. Same with getting to a dif zone in nexus. All of this should have been taken out. It's really annoying. Makes me want to stop playing,aging sometimes how long the scenes are when u visit ever planet. Even thst used to be instant. So far it's just average I expected so much more.