If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 44: Steamworld Digdogger - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, Mr. Baker delves into the mystery behind why Tingle keeps showing up in Zelda games. We also discuss Super Robot Wars.

Episode 44: Steamworld Digdogger - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I think the weapon durability in Zelda is an interesting topic. I can see what they were doing, which is to get players to see encounters in different ways, rather than just run to the monster and start swinging. Which the game lets you do more the further you get into it. The game's attempt to do away with as many invisible walls as possible is one of my favorite traits. It makes other games im playing seem primitive in that aspect. Do you feel breath of the wild finally gives us a Zelda that can firmly be called an rpg without the usual debate? Or is the debate still applicable?
    edited March 24
    How do you feel about backtracking in rpgs? Not the great podcast, but going back and forth over the same area. There is a fine line between an area becoming a familiar welcoming place(suikoden games) and ones where retreating the same areas become tedious and padding. How do developers handle or mishandle this design?
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Might as well put this up here, since I plugged it in the podcast as well:

coverart1.jpg

... I need to get better at self-promotion.
    Do you feel Japan has a stronger consumer fan base when it comes to selling specialized items within a certain franchise? What I mean by this, is that Japanese developers can make a calculation that their fandom will buy any product branded, even if it's limited amounts. Hopefully that's not a confusing question, but the media has always portrayed certain Japanese shoppers as very dedicated to certain franchises, and they can be counted on to buy a Gundam toothbrush, for example, if it's made. Does this happen with any jrpg franchises?
    Might as well put this up here, since I plugged it in the podcast as well:

coverart1.jpg

... I need to get better at self-promotion.

I will read it when I get an amazon card later.
    What is your favorite and least favorite aspects of final fantasy 9?