If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 45: Persona Eve - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, we discuss the Persona series. We also do a deep dive into the mechanics of Breath of the Wild.

Episode 45: Persona Eve - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited April 7
    Persona 4 came out fairly quickly after 3, compared to how long 5 took. It's impossible to know, but just for fun, do you think persona 6 will come out this gen and somewhat quickly? Or do you expect another long wait?

I also wonder what sort of spin offs they will attempt with this cast. If you could imagine anything with this cast, what sort of game would you want? Another fighting game or something completely different?

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Well part of the delay was them working on other games (Catherine and I believe Trauma Team)
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I did not think Persona 3's ending was THAT terrible. Persona 3 ending spoilers:
    In the cannon ending of P3, you and your friends save humanity and the world from destruction. So the sacrifice was not in vain.

There are a quite a few SMT and SMT spinoff games that are nowhere near that happy.

I assume you have heard of Atlus' extremely strict restrictions on streaming Persona 5. In particular, gamers are warned that streaming any P5 content after a specific in-game date could result in a DMCA claim that could get their YouTube or Twitch channel banned.

This is serious business for gamers who make money or earn a living off of YouTube or Twitch streaming.

What are your opinions on these draconian streaming regulations? Do you think the policy will help or hurt P5 sales? Do you think we'll see a lot more drastic streaming restrictions in the future, from Atlus or other companies?
    I think looking back on persona 3, the development team may have seen many fundamental things that could be approved upon. Controlling the full team being the main one. This probably led to a quicker turn around to developing 4. Do you feel there are any standout issues with persona 5 that might lead to persona 6? Female option like golden added?
    edited April 12
    Have you ever sold or traded a game or system and regretted it?
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    Have you ever sold or traded a game or system and regretted it?

HOW DO YOU KNOW MY SECRET SHAME
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    I sold my NES, regretted it, bought another, sold it, and I'd better not have any more regrets because I missed the opportunity to get the NES Classic Edition.

I sold my SNES, regretted it, and bought another.

I sold Super Princess Peach, regretted it, bought it again, played it, then sold it with no regrets (it's an OK platformer).

I sold Dragon Quest Rocket Slime and regretted it. Maybe I'll buy it again one day.

I probably shouldn't have sold .hack Quarantine; it's worth WAY more now.

I recently decided to sell all my SMT games and spinoffs (except the Persona series) for being too grindy, time-consuming, frustrating, and depressing. Time will tell whether I regret that decision.
    edited April 25
    Which is more important to you , good plot or good characters?