If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 422: "Ys: The Next Generation"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 422: "Ys: The Next Generation"

It's four two two on 4/22. Can you feel the synergy? No? Listen, it's a slow news week so we need you to work with us here. We literally have a story about a patch. Also we developed a new Kirby spin off with demon negotiation. Yeah...it's a slow week.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Ys: The Next Generation"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What Persona spinoffs for 5 would you like to see?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    The one I most want is a major endgame spoiler, but for now I guess we could call it Persona 5 Investigations: Sae Niijima.

Also, I hope "P5R" refers to a racing game.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited April 23
    What's this I hear about deliberately playing an RPG with only one save file? Someone's never had the power go out while their game was saving!

Two RPGs that required the player to have only one active save file have forced me to restart the entire game - Costume Quest 2 (the save file got corrupted because I checked PS3 trophies while it was saving), and Gyromancer (it's easy to make the game unwinnable early on if the player's level is too low).

Game designers, please, let your players make as many or as few save files as they want!

QOTW: It'll never happen, but I want a Persona 5 Nintencats spinoff. I'm probably going to buy all the Persona 5 spinoffs anyway.

Also, Tokyo Mirage Sessions pretty much is a Persona idol management game, isn't it? Only instead of Personas, your heroes have Fire Emblem characters.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited April 24
    I don't really want any Persona 5 spinoffs. Just bring on Persona 6. I kind of got annoyed by the announcements of yet another Persona 4 spinoff while waiting for P5 and I don't want a repeat of that experience. The arena games were alright, but I could take or leave them, and the others didn't catch my interest at all. The arena games were way too text heavy in the story mode though for plots that weren't even that good, and there was no balance with gameplay. They probably should have taken into consideration that in a game with fights that last a couple minutes or less having 20+ minute text cut scenes between each battle wouldn't fly well.

I guess I wouldn't mind a FES/Golden version of Persona 5, but I don't think that counts as a spinoff really.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I would love for them to SWITCH things up for the next Persona 5 related release
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I'm kinda over the Persona spinoffs; the poor characterization of the characters wore thin on me by the end. However, if P5AG stands for Attorney General, I could get behind an Ace Attorney style game starring Sae and Akechi.