If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 423: "Persona Snap"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited April 30 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 423: "Persona Snap"

Atlus makes an announcement, Two Worlds II necroposts DLC, and those darn Trails take to the Sky again. A new crisis is burgeoning, however. Chris has been spotted wandering around wearing nothing but his skinsuit and shouting "this hand of my burns with an awesome power!" Alice has been called in to resolve this situation.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Persona Snap"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What game(s) are you currently playing?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited April 30
    I just finished Persona 5 today. In regard to the grinding you were talking about, get Sun social link, and negotiate for money on the regular. There's no need to grind for levels in this game. Grinding for money is another issue, but you should do it by negotiation not just killing everything. Learn which shadows will give good money, kill the others and take the money from the ones who will pay well (there's definitely a random aspect, but certain types tend to pay better than others).

I just finished playing Persona 5, so not playing anything right now. I'll probably get back to Trails of Cold Steel soon. Still haven't finished that. Also, you wrote the QOTW as the same as last week. I can't tell if you did that intentionally or not? It sounded like "what are you playing" was the question?
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I would have expected that after beating Persona 5 I'd have weaned myself off RPGs, but I had a Vita 2000 to break in so I'm playing Persona 3 Portable.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Honestly, I've had no need to grind in P5 at all. I'm ahead of the curve level wise (by like 6 levels) and I'm sitting at ~700K right now and I'm only just finished the third palace.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited May 2
    The main character's Personas grow in level extremely slowly in Persona 5, because the game is trying to push you to negotiate for or fuse new Personas that are a higher level than what you had before, pretty much all the way to the end.

Alternatively, you can spend $2.99 on DLC Personas that COMPLETELY break the game wide open. Don't do this unless you really don't care about in-game challenge, especially in the early game.

When doing World PVP quests for your Falcosaur pet in World of Warcraft, AVOID the 500 honor quests unless you a) really like free-for-all PVP, or b) use a Class Order Hall ability to instantly complete the 500 honor quest. Not all Class Order Halls can do option b); it depends on your class.

The 300 honor World PVP quests in WoW are really just PVE quests in disguise. You can finish them quickly by killing a few NPCs in the Warden Towers, and the odds that someone from the other faction will harass you are extremely low. There are three of these 300 honor PVE quests available every day, unless an invasion is replacing one of the three.

Parascientific Escape: Cruise the Distant Seas is a point-and-click adventure game with plenty of puzzle solving. It has a lot of modern convenience features, such as the ability to save anywhere. The story is very anime-style, and focuses heavily on the friendships made between all-female main cast, some of whom have psychic powers. It's $5.00 on the 3DS, and somewhat short, but I feel like I got my money's worth when I played it.

It's a stand-alone game, but it traces its lineage to a number of "Escape Trick" point-and-click mobile adventure games, some of which were ported to the 3DS. Earlier games in the series were ridiculously difficult/cheap, but this one is quite user-friendly.

QOTW: I'm playing through Super Mario Bros. 3 on my 3DS with save states, because it's a classic I never played through before. Persona 5 has also inspired me to play the Snow Queen Quest in the first Persona game on PSP, and perhaps Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment after that.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    I'm just about finished with Persona 5, but once Wednesday gets here Trails in the Sky 3rd will be sucking up all my gaming time for the foreseeable future (now I'll have Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild waiting on me to finish :pensive: ).

Oh, and a clarification about Trails 3rd, it's not a side-story or spin-off (at least not like Persona Q and P4: Dancing all Night). Estelle and Joshua's story was wrapped up in Trails SC, but 3rd expands upon other characters and stories in Liberl (the country where the first 3 games take place) and explains a lot of things that happen in the Cold Steel games. 3rd especially spends a lot of time exploring the Septian Church who have been an important player on the periphery of the other games in English so I'm excited to see them delved into.

Everything in Trails ties into everything else and that is either awesome or awful depending on how much text you can stand to read and how carefully you want to pay attention to the material. I love Falcom's ambition for creating an epic series that has minor characters and events in one game playing an important role 5 or 6 games later, but it's not for everyone.

Sorry for the nerd rant, Trails is kinda my favorite series :blush: