If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 424: "Insiders Think We're Crazy"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited May 6 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 424: "Insiders Think We're Crazy"

Chris confesses his lack of Fire Emblemy skill. Anna Marie confesses her love for melty slimes. Simon sleeps for most of the show. But all of our listeners are apparently finishing Persona 5 and starting TitS 3rd.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Insiders Think We're Crazy"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
E3 Predictions?
Also teach me how to FE.

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited May 7
    The amount that Personas above your level cost is not strictly tied to level. I don't know what formula decides it and haven't looked into it, but I've seen the same rough cost for Personas 1 level higher and for Personas several levels higher. I've seen Personas that are higher levels cost less than ones that are lower levels. Maybe it has to do with Confidants Rank? Maybe just different costs for different arcana? Maybe each individual Persona is priced differently? Anyway, I don't think it's ever worthwhile to pay for a Persona that's only 1 level higher, unless you're about to end the game or something and have no more use for money. The lowest prices I've seen is in the 40000 range, so might as well just wait to level up, but if it's something like 5 or more levels higher and still reasonably priced, I went for it sometimes.

I really don't have anything to say about the question. I never have E3 predictions. Sometimes I have E3 hopes, but Persona 5 just came out so I don't have any hope for a Persona 6 reveal. Suikoden VI is never happening, so I don't have any hope there. Final Fantasy XVI also won't be announced and, even if it is, I'm nearly over that series at this point. I won't get excited about an announcement. Ace Attorney 6 just came out last year, so no real hope there. Maybe there will be some interesting announcements of new games, but nothing I could expect or hope for. I guess I said a lot for having nothing to say, but none of that is actual predictions.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I'll give my standard yearly E3 prediction with a twist: now that it's been proven a console doesn't have to appear at E3 to be successful, this will be the last year for the show.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    My completely unfounded E3 prediction is that some mobile title will become a spotlight stealer. I don't know if mobile games normally appear at E3. If they don't, some mobile title will be announced or released outside of E3 and steal the spotlight anyway.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    I'm terrible at E3 predictions because I'm much more in tune with Tokyo Gaming Show, but here goes:

-Square Enix announces they are localizing Dragon Quest XI for the west, but only on PS4 and Switch
    -Sony gets off its lazy butt and announces PS1 and PSP backward compatibility for the PS4
    -Maybe Sony will dig in the archives and reboot Arc the Lad as an open world game in the vein of Horizon and Breath of the Wild
    -Microsoft announces a new shooterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (sorry, fell asleep just typing that)
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Those are some pretty risky predictions. I'd wager there's no way the DS version of DQ11 does not get localized, unless you think that they'll leave the localization to Nintendo? And they get more unlikely from there...wait are these all jokes? The Microsoft one clearly is (although not by virtue of unlikeliness).
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    Those are some pretty risky predictions. I'd wager there's no way the DS version of DQ11 does not get localized, unless you think that they'll leave the localization to Nintendo? And they get more unlikely from there...wait are these all jokes? The Microsoft one clearly is (although not by virtue of unlikeliness).

They went from fairly realistic to joke. I don't think the 3DS version won't come out here because I think Square will do the localization and won't bother with a 3DS release in 2018. If Square wasn't planning on doing the localization, I don't know why they bothered with the PS4 version.

The other 2... just trying to think of something that maybe could happen.