If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 425: "Licking His Cartridge"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 425: "Licking His Cartridge"

Kelley gets a Switch. Chris gets a GM mode. Anna Marie gets a new world of secrets. And Alice gets more football to manage? What?

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Licking His Cartridge"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What game toys would you bring back from Japan?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited May 13
    Kindness is the easiest to max. I couldn't do that social link right away either, but it was much easier than maxing some other stats. Give your plant the best nutrients every time you can. It doesn't use time and you can get 3 points if you use the best nutrients. Also, I'm pretty sure the best nutrients (buy them at Shinjuku) are cheaper than getting a boost from the fortune teller, which I'll assume does something even though I never saw any evidence for it. You guys still got through the game faster than I did (meaning fewer hours, I finished a couple weeks ago).
    No, Persona 4 isn't as simple as
    throw in TV/don't throw in TV
    I'd agree if it were that stark, that it would be very simple, but there are multiple choices you can get wrong there, and it isn't that straightforward for all of them. Persona 5 appears to be much more flexible at the corresponding point. Either that or I just happened to guess all the right choices.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    It probably would have taken either one of us individually less time IRL, but playing together we pretty much poured our entire collective free time into the game. Now that it's done we both feel liberated and miss it, so maybe we'll have to pick another game to play together soon. P5 was nice because each of us found our niche -- I did the combat while Chris handled the day-to-day life.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    The original Revelations: Persona also had good and bad endings, for both the SEBEC path and the Snow Queen path (the latter is only playable in English in the PSP remake). It was way too easy to make a mistake and get the bad ending, especially in the Snow Queen path. Thank goodness for GameFAQs.

Persona 5 seems to have learned from the issues of the previous Persona games, though. If you do get a bad ending in Persona 5, you'll know what you did to cause it, and how to avoid it should you reload and try again.

QOTW: If it existed, and if I had the money, I'd get a real-world Morgana cat form plushie or figure from Japan. Not the anthropomorphic Morgana plushie that came with the P5 special edition. Morgana in real-world cat form is the most collectible mascot I've ever seen.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    I'd probably bring home a few CDs, but I honestly can't think of any figures/toys I'd get. Maybe have a New 3DS modded for capture?

And that assumes that the CDs aren't the equivalent of $1500 US like I saw for a Donkey Kong Country 2 disc a few months ago.

"Teach me how to Fire Emblem:" I think the combination of FE Heroes and the ingame tutorials should be enough if you're playing on Normal, but I'm one of those filthy casuals who's mainly in it for the love connections.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited May 17
    I've seen plushies of Edea, Ringabel, and Tiz online that I would to bring back from Japan. I assume there's an Agnés plush is out there as well. Also, if they exist, plushies of Yew, Magnolia, and a D'gon, too.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    QOTW: I would definitely be looking for some Falcom related chachkies, especially of the Trails variety. I would probably fill a suitcase with as many nendoroids as I could get my hands on. I'd especially like to find Cassius and Joshua Bright figures (finding male figures can be difficult; they seem to focus on the female characters for some reason ;)

"Teach me how to Fire Emblem": I've played quite a few of them now, but I still don't think I have any particularly good tips beyond the obvious (pick a group to concentrate experience on; don't get strung out across the map where reinforcements can wreck havoc with trailing units). Honestly, I enjoy the games most when I'm able to reach a zen state of mind and just roll with it when characters die. Mind you, I'm not playing it like Xcom on Ironman; I still restart for healers and advanced mages, but if a Knight falls in battle it will be okay because there will be people to replace them. Fire Emblem is more fun for me when I'm not completely stressing about saving every person (it is a war after all) and restarting missions 3 or 4 times to do it.

Not sure that helps at all, but you did ask Chris.