If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Transparency in Game Critique - Active Topical Banter

Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News EditorRPGamer Staff
The panel goes behind the curtain to explain the RPGamer review process, in detail from solicitation through to comment section. Inside baseball and anecdotes abound.

Listen
Archive
Feeds
Sponsor

Talking Points:
-Solicit
-Read the rules
-Assignment
-Play
-Write
-Subsections
-Scoring
-Comments Section

Next: An Anniversary Reflection

Comments

• Winter9Winter9 NorwayFull Members
    I'm a bit late commenting. Thank you fir the look into the world of RPGamer reviewing! So much fun to learn more about how the games are distributed and the process of reviewing. You do a great job!

About originality I can definitely appreciate it, but I probably like the same old a lot being a big fan of snes era and Square Enix' biggest customer of ports. I never got to play snes when I was a child. Only had a Game Boy and a couple of games. Some series don't thrive on originality I think like DQ, I think it's at its' best when it does the same thing a little more polished. But I can see how that opinion might differ a lot.

Next month I will hopefully finally get to play my first Atelier after wanting to for months!

Also my first FourJobFiesta is coming up in six days. Will any of the RPGamer staff be playing?

Stay safe :)

~Disa