If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Poll - Less-retro Completion

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
On which newer platform have you beaten the most RPGs?
PS3
PS4
PSP
Vita
Xbox 360
GameCube
Wii
DS
3DS
PC
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited May 30
    This has gone more into the era of I haven't beaten most of the games (especially RPGs) that I've started, so I don't really know. For the most part it's probably one or two completed. I guessed 3DS. I should note though, that you haven't really set rules for whether virtual console stuff should be counted for the original console or the console you played it on. I've definitely beaten some PS2 and PS1 games on PS3 which would boost my number somewhat.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    DS, hands down. Followed by 3DS and PS3. PC is catching up, but only because of Steam and GoG (and that includes some retro-ish games anyway).

I don't actually own anything else on the list >_>
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited May 30
    After looking into it my most completed is the DS with 25 games. Not the most surprising result, but the other consoles are interesting.

PS3 and PSP both tied for 2nd place with 22 each. I knew PS3 was going to be high up there too, but I genuinely didn't remember consistently finishing that many PSP RPGs until looking over them all individually. The system had a surprisingly long life-span for my playing purposes and I think I have a new found respect for it now.

Coming in at last place with a piddly 4 games is the Vita. Many RPGs released for the Vita these days have a PS4 alternative like Fate/Extella or Cyber Sleuth. The system is pretty much a glorified visual novel machine for me at this point, which is a shame because I really like how it feels in the hand, aesthetics, and screen quality. Maybe it will have some added life somewhere down the road like the PSP.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    It's the DS for me at 13, and the PSP is just behind it at 12. That said, should I count PS1 Classics, the PSP jumps up to 15.
    ClixPsi.png
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited May 31
    I went back and counted, and I have 48 54 DS games completed. Possibly more, since I'm basing this off of my review list and my memory, and there were a few games I played and completed before starting here that I never reviewed (all came stateside) and several others (mostly Pokemon) that I never wrote on for the same reason.
    Long list!
    Contact
    Children of Mana
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2
    Lost Magic
    Magical Starsign
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon SoulSilver
    Pokemon Black
    Pokemon White 2
    Pokemon Conquest
    7th Dragon
    Bouken-Ou Beet
    Croket! DS
    Cross Treasures
    Cross of Venus
    Destiny Links
    Dinosaur King
    Rocket Slime
    Dungeons and Dam
    Ecolis 2
    Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
    Island of the Abandoned
    Item Getter
    Kimi no Yuusha
    Kurikin
    Maple Story DS
    Medabots DS
    Metal Saga DS
    Metal Max 3
    Metal Max 2:reloaded
    Net Ghost PiPoPa
    Ni no Kuni
    Nora's Studio
    Atelier Liese
    Atelier Annie
    Atelier Lina
    Endless Frontier
    Endless Frontier Exceed
    From the Abyss
    SaGa 2
    SaGa 3
    Scribblenauts
    Sgt. Frog
    Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
    Sigma Harmonics
    Solatorobo
    Soma Bringer
    Summon Night X
    Lord of Elemental
    Tactics Layer
    Tales of Hearts
    Tales of the Tempest
    Xenosaga I&II
    OtodaMaster
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    Most definitely the DS. Not only is the system I've beaten the most RPGs on, but it's the system I've beaten the most games on, period.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Right now, PS3. It will eventually be surpassed.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    DS followed by PSP.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    Time for results of this one. Soon, a follow-up using the higher voted systems combined over both will appear.

PS3 216 20.32%
    Vita 171 16.09%
    PS4 168 15.80%
    PSP 167 15.71%
    3DS 116 10.91%
    PC 114 10.72%
    DS 73 6.87%
    Xbox 360 26 2.45%
    GameCube 6 0.56%
    Wii 6 0.56%
    Total Votes 1063
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.