If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack - Episode 178: Monday the Thirteenth

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
Square-Enix heard the cries of several people who needed to have more Final Fantasy XIII, and brought forth XIII-2. Whether this particular sequel is one the world needed to experience is another question entirely.
Whose Valhalla is this???
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I hate this game if it wasn't clear enough
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited June 6
    The only reason this game ever raised my interest a little was because I learned that Russian singer Origa sang some of the songs. No need to play XIII-2 to listen to the music, though. :P
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited June 5
    The only reason this game ever raised my interested a little was because I learned that Russian singer Origa sang some of the songs. No need to play XIII-2 to listen to the music, though. :P

You know I almost never listen to these, but that introductory song with the backtrack brothers was pretty cool. Good work there guys!

I actually like Origa too, Strawberry. I don't remember the songs she was involved in with 13-2, so I'll have to give them a listen some time.

The OST is probably the only thing I liked about 13-2. Like Wheels I pretty much hate the game as a whole too. As someone who LOVES the original 13, its amusing that people would think 13-2 was made because people like me adored it. The monster collecting mechanic should have had its own game dedicated to it instead of being introduced here, and it seemed like the devs specifically made it to appease the haters of the first. I understand that there are a few out there who like 13-2 and find it a big improvement, but why not just make a new sub-series with these ideas instead of trying to "repair" the first game. Anyway thats enough from me, at least that soundtrack is nice.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    These are the tracks Origa provided vocals for: "New Bodhum", "New Bodhum -Aggressive Mix-", "Historia Crux", "Missing Link", "Parallel World", "Parallel World -Aggressive Mix-", and "Space-Time Interval".
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Much appreciated Strawberry. I'll probably give them a listen on the road later today.