If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 429: "Diablo II Out The Wazoo"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 429: "Diablo II Out The Wazoo"

As we gear up for E3, we get hyped about the latest games. That's right, we've got some hot impressions on Harvester and Diablo II. Ok, well we do, so you can just stop complaining now. Hey you be good or I'll turn this hype train around and we won't go to E3 at all. What do you mean that you don't care cause it's all streamed now and you can just eat Doritos and watch trailers?

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Diablo II Out The Wazoo"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What from E3 made you excited?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited June 11
    Clarification by request: I trade physical games for PSN / eShop cards, not the other way around. (It worked with the E3 sale on PSN where I got the Digital Deluxe version of FFXV for less than what I got for trading in a physical copy in February.)

And my most exciting thing from E3 is that I got seven games that would normally be $90+ after tax each here for about $55 after tax thanks to an Amazon mix-up.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited June 11
    You guys don't remember the fusion spells from Persona 3 or just forgot the Jack Brothers one? Some were really good early on. Mostly Cadenza with Orpheus and Apsaras, I think. There was also a Titania and Oberon one too. probably some others too that I don't remember. I think one with Thor or Odin (or maybe Thor and Odin). There were definitely more but I mostly used them early in the game. Cadenza is virtually mandatory if you're going to fight the earliest Tartarus bosses as soon as you can.

I get that it's offbrand so you're not covering it. But why dismiss games like Last of Us 2 and Tomb Raider? They're still better than a lot of crap that does get covered. Also, Zelda isn't one either. :p
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited June 11
    I hope for a new PS4 monster hunter. I maybe in the minority, but I want a high end graphical game with psn network and also available on steam. Would be nice rather than a portable game.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    I hope for a new PS4 monster hunter. I maybe in the minority, but I want a high end graphical game with psn network and also available on steam. Would be nice rather than a portable game.

Not going to happen
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
    Wheels wrote: »

Not going to happen

Miracles can happen.

Not going to happen

Miracles can happen.

Even Miracles have limits man
    sig.gif
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Even a miracle needs a hand. Will you do what's necessary? :p
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • swangtalswangtal Full Members
    I don't get this appeal with Path of Exiles. I also have a friend who swears by it, and he hated D3 with the passion of a thousand raging Angry Marines. He loved it because "You can't just get good at the game. You have to spend time playing". I don't see what's so great about locking every progression up behind loads of play time. I don't even think he has fun playing it. He just like the idea that he has earned his status in the game.
    I will work more hours and buy two copies

Not going to happen

Miracles can happen.

Even Miracles have limits man

welp
    sig.gif
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    Congrats Budai, looks like you've been proven victorious here today. I'm so stoked after seeing that news.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
    Excellent news
    Happy to be wrong but, trailer felt kind of... off.
    sig.gif

I'm just hoping it's a traditional monster hunter and not a more traditional action game with mh skin on it.

I'm just hoping it's a traditional monster hunter and not a more traditional action game with mh skin on it.

The first global monster hunter does leave me worried, we shall see.
    sig.gif
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited June 16
    QoTW: Between The Mario/Rabbid tactical game and Super Mario Odyssey, I just might have to buy a Nintendo Switch after all. Then again, I promised I wouldn't spend the money until I finished all my Wii U games, so I'm going to be busy for the rest of the year.

I'm also trying out Trails of Cold Steel on the Playstation Now streaming service on the PS4. I hear it got good reviews from RPGamer.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    QoTW: There wasn't much from the press conferences themselves that got my attention: Spiderman looks pretty good and Monster Hunter World will probably get me to try Monster Hunter again. Mario x Rabbids looked interesting from the demo, but then I remembered that I would have to play a game for 30+ hours with Rabbids level humor, PASS.

So what got me really excited was the smaller things: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Vanillaware with a modern setting and giant robots, ahhhhhhhhh!), Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 (I'm ready to beat up more thugs and visit hostess clubs), Ys VIII and Zwei (always need more Falcom action RPG goodness). So Yakuza, 2 Vita games, and a 10 year old PC game? That sounds like me.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    A non-E3 question/topic for the cast. Has anyone noticed several pre-order games continually dropping in price on Amazon? A couple weeks ago FF XII got down to $32, Ys VIII got down to $43 this week, and God Wars was 50% off as a pre-order ($25 for the PS4 version). All well below the usual 20% off for Prime members and these were the prices for everyone. I get when the Amazon algorithm decides it has too many copies of Exist Archive in the warehouse and drops the price by 50 cents every day till they sell, but I don't get what the point of dropping prices on pre-orders is, at least without advertising the heck out of it.

Any clue why Amazon would be doing this and who is taking the hit on lost revenue from the low prices (Amazon, publisher)? I'm not complaining mind you, I just thought it was really weird.