If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 48: Monster Hunter XXX - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest we discuss why SaGa fans are the best. We also explore what Square Enix could learn from Atlus.

Episode 48: Monster Hunter XXX - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Are there any games that you left unfinished that sort of haunt you? I mean, as in you look back on them saying I need to go back to that, but you never do? And I don't mean run of the mill unfinished maybe play again, but something that stands out like a thorn in your side.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Budai wrote: »
    Are there any games that you left unfinished that sort of haunt you? I mean, as in you look back on them saying I need to go back to that, but you never do? And I don't mean run of the mill unfinished maybe play again, but something that stands out like a thorn in your side.

Shining the Holy Ark and Scenarios 2 and 3 of Shining Force 3 :( (why you ask? will have to wait until the next episode).

sig.gif
    Btw, I found nier automata far exceeded my expectations. Many things going on in it were brilliant. I look forward to seeing what you both think of it someday.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Btw, I found nier automata far exceeded my expectations. Many things going on in it were brilliant. I look forward to seeing what you both think of it someday.

Ahhh "that other game that gathered dust while I played Breath of the Wild"
    sig.gif
    Wheels wrote: »

Ahhh "that other game that gathered dust while I played Breath of the Wild"

Yeah I got a little behind because I did tales of berseria, then Zelda, nier, and catching up on ff14 and persona 5 at the moment. Nice to have such a full slate of great games.
    edited June 16
    What do you think of when companies purchase a studio to diversify their titles, but then shift the studio away from what they originally were? Does this seem counter productive to original intent, or do you think they are buying talent and shifting their focus?

Do you think these same studios often ask to branch out to do new things, and the parent company like ea catches the flack for allowing it?