If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

.hack//G.U. Remaster Coming to Japan

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
Could the .hack series be making a comeback? At the very least Bandai Namco is giving RPGamers in Japan the chance to check out the G.U. trilogy on new platforms.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• VeghEstherVeghEsther Lost the ability to punctuate in a freak comma-splice Full Members
    edited June 19
    Not for me. I liked the original 4 games; iInfection, mMutation, oOutbreak, and qQuarantine as the better games in the series. I kind of hated everything about the 3three G.U. PS2 games, despite that the PS4 still plays import games with nowithout region lockoutLocation-Based DRM.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Happy for this as I've never played a single dot hack game, but have wanted to since I watched someone and listened to the rpg back track episode on it not long ago.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    I played all 7 of 'em. I liked the GU's but they had some arcade-style boss battles that were really difficult for me. I finally got past them but I def pulled some hair out of my head in the process.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    Not just Japan. It was trademarked for Europe too.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    Also possibly North America. But those two are a little harder to nail down definitively.
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Lost the ability to punctuate in a freak comma-splice Full Members
    Same here the avatar fights in G.U. Vol 3 especially the last one took me so many retries (over 2+ hours) to win them its just that .hack Quarantine is so costly to buy the PS2 version of it I'd rather have the original 4 games remastered first then the G.U games afterwards.
  • Private PrinnyPrivate Prinny Member Full Members
    Hm I am about to finish my second playtrough through the first Series

(Infection,Mutation,Outbreak,Quarantine) and wanted to go for the G.U. Triology next. Nice that they are remastered...too bad I tracked them down for PS2 only last year for mucho money (living in Europe).

But I have already bought Uncharted Triology Remastered, AC2 Ezio Collection, GoW 1+2, FF X Remake and will buy at some Point FF 12 and Last of us Remake...I am a sucker for them remastered versions so I'll patiently wait for the release of G.U. remastered as well.