If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 430: "It's Pronounced Candal-a-bra"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 430: "It's Pronounced Candal-a-bra"

E3 has come and gone. What did we think? What did you think? We try to tackle all these topics as well as figure out why we need an Xbox One X. We also get lost in FFXIV's Deep Dungeon. What day is it? I'm still sick. Send help. And pizza.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "It's Pronounced Candal-a-bra"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
Now that the year is half over, what are you looking forward to for the next half, OR what was your game of Q1/Q2?

To be entered into our contest to win a PC (via Steam) copy of COSMIC STAR HEROINE, leave us feedback by emailing, leaving a voicemail, or posting on the forums and include the line "Paws is the best character in Cosmic Star Heroine!"

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited June 25
    Yeah, I was talking about in battle combat spells. Jack Brothers is one in Persona 3 as well, but as far as I recall, it wasn't very good. On the other hand, Cadenza is a great healing spell for early in the game. it basically probably gets the most use in the first month of the game. After that, it could be good, but it's not worth it to keep Orpheus and Apsaras. Maybe even before the end of the first month you'd want to get rid of them, but it's definitely good for taking on the first set of Tartarus bosses. I think there's even a combo spell called Armageddon or something that can one shot just about anything, but I never got it and you'd have to already be pretty overpowered to get it.

Agreed both about low expectations and underwhelming E3.
    Game of Q1/Q2 was definitely Persona 5 for me. What games am I looking forward to? Danganronpa V3. Besides that, mostly just working on my backlog.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited July 5
    I have to give Persona 5 game of Q1/Q2, but Horizon Zero Dawn deserves an honorable mention.

The one game for Q3/Q4 that I will definitely preorder is the Mario & Luigi + Bowser's Minions remake. I loved that RPG, and if anything can get me to play an RTS, it's the Bowser's Minions sidegame.

Paws is the weakest character of Cthullu Saves the World. Paws got benched out of necessity in my CStW Hard difficulty playthrough. I'm sorry, but it's true. (I already have Cosmic Star Heroine on PC so don't enter me in the giveaway.)
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited July 7
    Game I'm looking forward to in the second half of the year? It's the easy answer, and it might still slip into next year, but it's Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for me. I'm pretty excited for Fire Emblem Warriors as well.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    Amazon Pre-order pricing drop update: Thanks for the interesting speculation on the last episode Anna. As an update, I got my half off copy of God Wars, but apparently Amazon sold too many at that lower price because it was out of stock and it took them a week to get me a copy. So if the algorithm is trying to get rid of excess copies, it got overly aggressive in the God Wars case.

Game of Q1/Q2: Yakuza 0 with Trails in the Sky The 3rd a very close second.

Game I'm looking forward to in the second half of the year? Ys VIII looks fantastic and the Yakuza fan in me is very excited for Yakuza Kiwami. Stick a gun to my head... I guess I'll go with Ys VIII, but I want them both bad.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    1st half GOTY: Persona 5, but my "games I missed" list is longer than my current top 10 list.

What I'm most looking forward to: Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors and (fingers crossed for no more tech hurdles) Cosmic Star Heroine Vita.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited July 8
    game of first half- nier

Most looking forward to, Mario odyssey or xenoblade 2 if that actually comes out.