If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 431: "Netflix and Grind"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited July 8 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 431: "Netflix and Grind"

This week we explore Ever Oasis: A Realm Reborn in depth. We figure out what your most hyped games of the year are. Finally, we go camp the SNES mini. Dibs on Starfox 2!

You can find the show notes here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Netflix and Grind"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What's the game you've sunk the most hours into?

To be entered into our contest to win a PC (via Steam) copy of COSMIC STAR HEROINE, leave us feedback by emailing, leaving a voicemail, or posting on the forums and include the line "Paws is the best character in Cosmic Star Heroine!"

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    edited July 9
    I'm still offended by pronouncing "snes" as word. It just sounds wrong and also verbally lazy. I can take "Super Nintendo"" OR "Ess En Ee Ess" but "sness?" Ugh.....

QOTW: Probably Persona 3 FES. I was thinking Persona 5 because that went over 140 hours, but then I remembered that even though the main story in Persona 3 took me a bit less than that (I think),The Answer added a nice chunk of time to that as well. Enough to make it more than Persona 5, for sure. Actually, the game I've sunk the most time into counting multiple times through the whole game is probably FFIV. I used to play that game like once a year. I've surely played it like 10+ times. Also, I had Rydia learn Meteo as a kid once (maybe more than once, I forget), so that took a good chunk of leveling time.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited July 10
    Thanks for ever oasis chat, still thinking about getting this. Wow was my biggest time sink. Non mmo and on one play through, witcher 3 at around 120.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Well game I've sunk most time is in gonig to WoW, but thats an MMO and slightly it's purpose. Definately some old SNES games definitely either Chrono Trigger, FFVI, FFIV or some other game I'm forgetting
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited July 15
    I'm also quite enjoying Ever Oasis. It's quite the charming little game. I actually didn't the game took all that long to take off, but I can see why others would.

I can't remember the exact number right now, but I spent over 900 hours on Pokemon White. And yes, that's one save file. I spent a lot of time raising Pokemon and completing the Pokedex. I might have fallen asleep playing with the (3)DS open on occasion as well.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• doopsdoops Full Members
    Enjoyed the Ever Oasis discussion. Playing through it now and really enjoying... totally immersive once it gets going!

QOTW: Animal Crossing New Leaf on 3DS 80 hours; BOTW on Wiiu about 100 hours. Recently back into rpg's after a hiatus with life getting in the way so expect that to dominate rest of 2017.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    QOTW: Oh man, I would guess it would be something from my youth. Possible candidates would be Civilization 2, Panzer General, Sim City 2000, maybe even TIE Fighter or Wing Commander 3. Very glad those games didn't have clocks to document how much of my childhood was spent with them. NCAA Football 2002 would be another possibility because I played tons of that in college (a distinct hazard for someone attending a large state school in the south). No RPGs, I got into them much later.
  • elarueelarue Folsom, CAFull Members
    There was a game that was discussed that I thought was called something like MyQ - but I haven't been able to find anything about it except for this podcast episode. It was something about a world that had to be rewound every so often, and somehow this resulted in certain people having magical powers. Does anyone know which game I'm talking about?
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited July 15
    MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death - http://rpgamer.com/games/deathunder/deathunder/deathunder.html

Also QotW: Final Fantasy XIV or one of Football Manager/Out of the Park Baseball game because I let them half play themselves and they last forever. In terms of a non-infinite game it'll be either Xenoblade Chronicles or the combined incarnations of Persona 4.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    World of Warcraft has consumed more of my time than any game has or likely ever will. Phantasy Star Online and EverQuest Online Adventures were my biggest timesinks before WoW. But if counting MMOs isn't considered fair...

...then according to my 3DS I've spent a whopping 274 hours playing Jewl Quest Solitaire Trio (to be fair, that's 3 games on 1 DS cart). The offline RPG I've spent the most time playing is probably Dragon Quest 7 on PSX, at 200+ hours; a lot of this was spent collecting every monster in the game for the Monster Park.

Honorable mention timesinks are Puzzle & Dragons & Mario on 3DS and Unchained Blades, both of which are around 130 hour mark for time played, and both of which have up to another hundred hours of postgame content. If I ever get around to their postgames, that is.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    DQ9 is the first thing to spring to mind, because I fell short of the 1000hr accolade by 10hrs by the time they shutdown the server.

My 3DS says StreetPass Mii Plaza is over 1400hrs though. As better comparisons; Bravely Default around 500 and DQ7 460 hrs

I don't have any idea for older games I probably spent more time on like Animal Crossing Wild world, or Pokemon Sapphire GBA. Nor free to pay mobile games for that matter.