If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mercenaries Saga 2 - Review

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
Rooting around in the recesses of the 3DS's downloadable library is not for the faint of heart, but occasionally something worthwhile is hidden there. This little tactical item is rather entertaining to find.
Starring a guy named Claude.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• Private PrinnyPrivate Prinny Member Full Members
    edited July 11
    Nice to find a review of that game here. It needs all the attention it can get. Sure it is far from perfect, but I really liked the presentation, even if it is somewhat bare at points.

Also nice to have it now on iTunes with much easier access. I first bought MS2 on 3DS...for some lame reason it wasn't in the German e-shop only the UK one.....the hoops I jumped trough to get that gem onto my device....

For the price point sure one of the better TRPG/SRPG choices out there, at least in my book.

Any chance for a MS3 review as well? ;-P
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Quick review. MS2 has a better localization and story than MS3, though they are pretty similar in all other aspects. Both fun. I want more.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    - Don't come for the narrative
    - Or the presentation

So true, but despite that, the game has a charm I can't really decide where it comes from, and MS3 is even stronger in that regard, despite having a crummier localization.
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    There will be a review for 3 as well, but I have to finish it first. The localization is indeed worse in this one though, at times looking like someone just did auto-translate without checking afterward. That bug where impassable tiles can't be fired over seems to be gone though!
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Bring on Mercenaries Saga 4!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    Thank you for your detailed review.
    I'd like to play it but lack the hardware.