If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Accel World VS Sword Art Online Launch Trailer

noodlenoodle Kirby: El PresidenteRPGamer Staff
The walls between Svart ALfheim and the Accelerated World start to merge, Kirito and Asuna get attacked by Black Lotus, and Yui is lost in the process. Save Yui and the world before time runs out in this new game by Bandai Namco.

CLICKY
nkkd01.jpg

Comments

• Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited July 12
    A friend of mine was really excited for this game, and we hadn't played anything together in awhile, so I decided to pick it up too. Because he doesn't have a PS4 and its likely there is no cross-play online between systems, we both got it for the Vita.

If anyone out there is considering getting the Vita version over the PS4 as anything but a necessity, do yourself a favor and don't. This game runs pretty horribly on the Vita. There are tons of slowdowns and dropped frames constantly, especially in the wide-open world segments where you're flying around and fighting a bunch of enemies. Im not exaggerating either, the Vita struggles to render everything and account for all the action on screen at once. My friend has the issues as well, so its not just my system struggling to play it. I've watched videos online of the PS4 version and it plays about 100 times smoother.

Other than the technical issues, I'm interested in the online play as it has a sort of Phantasy Star meets Monster Hunter battle system that I think will be well suited for multiplayer. As well as a lot of characters and options to choose from. I have no experience with the source material of either anime in this cross-over, but I like how all the robots and humans/fairys have unique sets of skills and movement styles too.
  • severinmiraseverinmira Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Considering how terribly Hollow Realization ran on Vita that doesn't surprise me. (Though I think AWvSAO is a different dev, the same one that did Lost Song)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited July 13
    Yeah Severin its pretty bad man. I really wanted to rent it, but because its a digital download only I figured there's no other choice.

The Vita version is just a complete mess with technical problems. Its made all the more painful when I know there's a version out there available that plays very smoothly, but I'm sitting here playing a game that has loads of texture pop-ins and can slow to a crawl during combat portions where there's tons of enemies on screen. Every time I turn it on I just keep thinking how much more enjoyable the thing would be if I were on the PS4 playing it smoothly with better visuals and controls. Thankfully what little is available online wasn't bad. My friend and I were able to kill 2 or 3 boss monster quests, but after that there was nothing available. It plays relatively well in the "boss rooms" but I really hope online play isn't solely restricted to that. Frankly I don't even know why its available at all right now if all you can do is a couple quests and PvP.