If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Post Your Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Party Selection

BudaiBudai PaladinFull Members
edited July 12 in Square Enix
I'm going with

Vaan- white Mage/machinist
Ashe- monk/black Mage
Fran- uhlan/time Mage
Baltheir- bushi/knight
Basch- shikari/foebreaker
Penello- redmage/archer

Only thing I don't like about this is wasting Vaans great stats as machinist but I want him in my party so i made him main healer. Fran always was my least favorite so I gave her what I think I'll use the least. This set up uses all jobs, otherwise I would probably use less magic.

Should be able to subtlement with Espers too, but will need to read up online before I finalize that.

(Cleaned up the title a bit - Severin)

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited July 12
    I haven't had a chance to start yet, but have been planning this. I was initially going to balance things out and use all of the jobs, but I think I'm gonna say screw that and go powerful. Still planning right now, but found a couple great guides.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/75477310

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rBpOmegCizn3KOPwrKvC5yipu9Yfh0IZ6YE-mh_e59g/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1059552339 (Find this in your Google Drive and make a copy to be able to edit things)

Considering this right now.
    Team 1
    Penelo (Shikari/White Mage)
    Basch (Shikari/Foebreaker)
    Balthier (White Mage/Machinist)

Team 2
    Ashe (Red Battlemage/Shikari)
    Fran (Black Mage/Monk)
    Vaan (Knight/Time Battlemage)
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I'm sort of wanting that yiazamat killer build in that first link. I'm planning on going for a platinum and beating all the ultimate bosses, which i never have 100% ff12.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    That one is tempting, but I figure it has to be doable with other setups, so why not?
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • swangtalswangtal Full Members
    I have a different question--which job combination would best suit each character's lore? I plan on doing more than just one run (the first one I'll probably not worry about any side quests and just have fun with the story).
    What would be a good class for Ashe as a vengeful berserker with zero regards for her own safety?
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Well, based on each character's starting abilities and sequel/spin-off roles/jobs, this would likely be the most "cannon" selection, though it notably does not cover all 12 jobs:

Ashe - Time Battlemage/Foebreaker
    Vaan - Shikari/Knight
    Balthier - Machinist/Shikari
    Fran - Archer/Red Battlemage
    Basch - Knight/Archer
    Penelo - White Mage/Monk
    ClixPsi.png
    Darn. I got a tad too excited and just started picking my own classes before I saw your post. And I think yours make so much more sense than mine.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    As someone who has nooooo idea what good combinations are, and as such has chosen almost entirely at random:

Vaan - Shikari/Foebreaker
    Penelo - Monk/Black Mage
    Balthier - Machinist/Time Mage
    Fran - White Mage/Archer
    Basch - Knight/Bushi
    Ashe - Red Battlemage/Ulhan
    Now the L1 button controls the fast forward, but if you hold it down and push left or right on the d pad you can switch from 2x to 4x.
    edited July 29
    That's interesting. I thought you needed to change the speed in config.

I never cared for black mages in FF, but I figured I'll try one with Ashe. And holy crap, how did I manage to not use black magic at all in my last playthrough? This game is sooo much easier with ample of AoEs.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    Well, I finally started playing, and I am using this set up:

Vaan: Monk+Red Battlemage
    Penelo: Black Mage+Knight
    Balthier: Shikari+White Mage
    Fran: Machinist+Foebreaker
    Basch: Archer+Uhlan
    Ashe: Time Battlemage+Bushi
    ClixPsi.png
    swangtal wrote: »
    That's interesting. I thought you needed to change the speed in config.

I never cared for black mages in FF, but I figured I'll try one with Ashe. And holy crap, how did I manage to not use black magic at all in my last playthrough? This game is sooo much easier with ample of AoEs.

I had same opinion, and I can tell magic is so much better now. The way you naturally get mp now helps. Game is much easier.