If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Review - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

SquiggyLeoSquiggyLeo RPGamer Staff
edited July 17 in Latest Updates
Final Fantasy XII's HD remaster brings updates that Japan has had for years to the rest of the world. It's a bit light on other improvements, but with a foundation as solid as this one, not much refinement was really needed.

[ Read the review ]

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Great review. As much as I love the battle system of this game, I also agree with many of the other critiques you mention. Same score and many of the same issues I had when I reviewed the original. More than anything, this game screams to have its battle system tweaked and reused in another game.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I think the fast forward button is amazing, and should be used more in games if the hardware can handle it.
  • tootbrushtootbrush Member Full Members
    edited July 17
    and purists can keep Nobuo Uematsu's original soundtrack should they choose
    Hitoshi Sakimoto (along with his usual buddies) did the soundtrack in both versions.
    Uematsu's only actual contribution to the game was the theme song "Kiss Me Good-Bye". Not sure if it's still there in TZA though. Looks like it was omitted from the OST release at least.

---
    Oop fixed, thanks. Not sure how that one snuck through - Severin
  • ultranessultraness Member Full Members
    I'm quite surprised that the fast forward feature isn't even mentioned in the review, as it's the primary reason I'm interested in replaying the game (the original version had way too much grinding).
  • SquiggyLeoSquiggyLeo RPGamer Staff
    ultraness wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised that the fast forward feature isn't even mentioned in the review

It is.

"Combining a gambit system set up to handle these on the fly with the new feature of speeding gameplay up by a factor of two or even four times by simply pressing a button makes these treks a breeze."
  • ultranessultraness Member Full Members
    I missed it, but I'm glad to see it referenced.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited July 18
    Thank you for your detailed review.
    My backlog is so deep I couldn't play this again unless I lost my job.
    I used 128 hours on this back in the day.