If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Impression - Children of Zodiarcs

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
What do Japan and Canada have in common? Gamers who love tactical RPGs, apparently. What else do they have? People willing to make those tactical RPGs.

Impression

Comments

• freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    One area where manually rolling dice can have an effect is rerolling, as if you aim it just right you can knock other dice over with your toss. Not something to rely on as it requires a good measure of luck, but it is something I've managed to successfully do on several occasions.

I'm highly enjoying it, though there is a massive difficulty spike on mission 10 or 11; I've had to grind several levels after several failed attempts, and haven't cleared it yet.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    While that sounds like a cool trick to exploit, I had too much trouble with the rolling in general to want to work that route. For what it's worth, I usually use my laptop's touchscreen instead of a mouse, so it was taking me eight or nine attempts for a single roll.
  • Private PrinnyPrivate Prinny Member Full Members
    Great game - I am really into the style and the mechanics.
    One of the more sucessful kickstarter campaigns I backed.

Oh also it is out on PS4 as well.

I initially backed for steam but could change my pledge just 1 week before release to PS4 without much hassle. Their response was lightning quick. They left a really good impression on me and I am sure to watch them for more gaming goodness down the road.