If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

More Dragon Quest Announcements Made

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
Square Enix recently made a lot of Dragon Quest-related announcements. Whether any of them have relevance to RPGamers in North America and Europe remains to be seen.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• VeghEstherVeghEsther Full Members
    I personally would play those 3 games OVER DQ 11 hands down but I'd love to see the mobile/ios/cell phone versions of DQ 4 to 6 to be playable on the PS4/3DS as well after all the ports of DQ1 to 3 on the PS4/3DS will be ports of the Mobile version of those first 3 games not the NES/Gameboy color versions.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    I'd be excited for DQ Builders II and the port. I'd love to have those three on my 3DS
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    As for dragon quest builders since I won't ever play "minecraft" its just not for me either.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    VeghEsther wrote: »
    As for dragon quest builders since I won't ever play "minecraft" its just not for me either.

No one has ever thanked you for sharing.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members

Can you share maybe what you would do and not what you won't? I'd actually say give DQ Builder a chance, it's actually quite fun and challanging and with so much throw back to the original DQ game it's awesome. My wife actually played it and enjoyed it and she hardly has touched a DQ game at all.

I'm actually really curious about them following on with the end of DQII cause at the end ... and just in case some one hadn't beaten it
    the final boss beckons to a more powerful, which didn't go anywhere beyond that
    might be really interesting.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    Sure any game that plays like either minecraft or MMO/Tactical RPG games I won't play and any game that uses Skill points that isn't a Tales of game/Star Ocean game I won't play either IE I hated DQ8 and 9's skill point system.

I also won't play PC versions of games so for me instead of playing the PC ports of Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 I will keep on playing the PS3/Vita versions only that I still own.

For the Dragon Quest games I played I played 1 to 7 and enjoyed those but I never owned a NES so for DQ/DQ 1 to 3 I had to play the game boy color versions and for DQ 4 to 6 the DS versions of all 3.
  • OrophinOrophin New Member Full Members
    Kind of saddened that they only games they will port to PC are the Musou and MMORPG games. Was really hoping they'd port DQ Builders to PC.
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    Sure any game that plays like either minecraft or MMO/Tactical RPG games I won't play and any game that uses Skill points that isn't a Tales of game/Star Ocean game I won't play either IE I hated DQ8 and 9's skill point system.

I also won't play PC versions of games so for me instead of playing the PC ports of Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 I will keep on playing the PS3/Vita versions only that I still own.

For the Dragon Quest games I played I played 1 to 7 and enjoyed those but I never owned a NES so for DQ/DQ 1 to 3 I had to play the game boy color versions and for DQ 4 to 6 the DS versions of all 3.

Seriously? He asked you not to say what games you wouldn't play and you just added more games that you wouldn't play. I knew it was a mistake as soon as he asked.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.