If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition Announced

ScionScion RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited August 11 in Latest Updates
In a not-so-surprising move, Bethesda has announced it will release a complete edition of Fallout 4. For those who have been waiting for a chance to dive in, the best opportunity will be coming soon.

[Story]

Comments

• Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    Did it take so long because they couldn't find an outlet that gave it a goty till now?
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    edited August 15
    Why can't companies just release enhanced versions like this in the first place instead of coming out with them months or even years later? Don't get me wrong, I loved Zodiac Age, but it's the version of the game that freaking should have been released in the first place.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    ArtyParty wrote: »
    Why can't companies just release enhanced versions like this in the first place instead of coming out with them months or even years later? Don't get me wrong, I loved Zodiac Age, but it's the version of the game that freaking should have been released in the first place.

At some point you have to ship the thing or you just end up in an endless development nightmare. As such, you rarely get to release the ideal game/software/whatever that you would like to, because there's just not enough time. That and a lot of enhancements probably aren't even clear to developers until more feedback is obtained. It's easy to look at Zodiac Age and say "this should have been FFXII to begin with" with the wonder of hindsight, but how much longer would it have taken to release the thing? How much would that have hurt sales? This is why, much as people complain about patch downloads, the modern era of games is so great, because there was a time when we'd basically never get the improvements, features, etc. that simply had to be cut for time.
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    final fantasy XV took ten years to make and still isn't done. that is why.