If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 435: "This Deck Was Funded With Miniskirts"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 435: "This Deck Was Funded With Miniskirts"

The RPG Cast crew gets tempted to buy all the collector's editions today. We also then find out all the release dates. Now excuse us as we head to Japan for a Dragon Quest pool party.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "This Deck Was Funded With Miniskirts"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
What sells you on Collector's editions or turns you off to them?

To be entered into our contest to win a PC (via Steam) copy of COSMIC STAR HEROINE, leave us feedback by emailing, leaving a voicemail, or posting on the forums and include the line "Paws is the best character in Cosmic Star Heroine!" Yes, we're still doing this.

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    QOTW: Soundtracks and small chachkies for series I like are usually what get me to cave and buy collectors editions. Huge statues and large price tags are the things that keep me away from them. There aren't many games that I would sink $200 into... well maybe Trails.

On that note, thank goodness Sony doesn't do all the special edition PS4's here; the Cold Steel 3 special edition PS4 for Japan looks so cool and in a moment of weakness last week I was investigating importing PS4
  • Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    QOTW: Nothing. Nothing sells me on collector's editions. Unless it's extra game, but even that would generally be extra stuff in game that I don't care about, so let me specify further. Unless it's extra story-based quests in game, I probably don't care and won't pay extra for it. That's generally DLC though more than collector's editions, right? I don't buy collector's editions. Most games I buy digital these days anyway.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited August 19
    I buy Digital Deluxe collector editions of World of Warcraft expansions for the in-game mount and pet, both of which I actively use. The pets come in handy for pet battles.

I'm currently staying away from most other collector's editions because they tend to have stuff I don't use, or incomplete soundtracks (something I consider a slap in the face). Artbooks are tempting, but only if they don't inflate the collector's edition price too high.

I recently pre-ordered the cheaper physical edition of Undertale for its artbook, but I'm not buying the more expensive physical collector's edition because I don't care about a golden locket or all the other fluff.

Edit: One of the last collector's editions I bought was for Time and Eternity, and that game was so... questionable... (the harsh RPGamer review is quite accurate in its description) that it turned me away from buying collector's editions for brand new IPs.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited August 17
    Cordelia's is the redheaded genius Pegasus Knight from Fire Emblem: Awakening who has an unrequited crush on Chrom. Sumia is the clumsy one.

I get collector's editions for series that I love, or if it's for a new IP I think I will love. Curiously, that has so far been mainly Fire Emblem games. I have collector's/limited editions of Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Echoes, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and both Bravely Default and Second.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    We may not be able to go to cool Dragon Quest parties, but how about a Slime table with the perfect coasters?
    https://twitter.com/coffeetan/status/896430940372652033