If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

18 Screens - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
The latest batch of Cold Steel III screens introduces the Derfflinger. An armoured train used by Thors' Reaves II Branch School, the Derfflinger comes equipped with high-tech facilities and the ability set up training grounds wherever it stops.

[ Screens ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• Lord GolbezLord Golbez Member Full Members
    As for Trails of Cold Steel III (for some reason I have to say this even though the thread is only about Trails of Cold Steel III), I won't play the PC version, but on super easy mode you can get all the characters to level 99 with all skills in 30 minutes if you skip all the text and hack your save file so that you're already level 99 and at the end of the game. Why waste time playing the game when you can just have maxed out characters? It's the best. I won't play games where every character can't have every skill at the same time (no explanation for how this relates to the screens, the news post, or why I post this in every thread remotely related to Trails of Cold Steel). DQ8 and DQ9 are sure terrible games because I can't use spear skills with my whip, which would absolutely make complete sense.
    The Tea and Biscuits Brigade offers you tea and biscuits.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    Dang it, beat to the punch.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Import Falcom fans are excited for this one.

Some light arguments online about whether NISA or XSEED will get it for localization. At this point I don't care but most people are in the XSEED camp.

There has been doubt cast on the Ys VIII localization, but I've had good experiences with NISA so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt this time.

Just google "Merciless Shivering Vase". Click this link and it will take you right to search results: https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q="merciless+shivering+vase"&oq="merciless+shivering+vase"

Somebody thought "Merciless Shivering Vase" was a good translation. That person most likely did not have any context when translating, but still. That's why the concern. NISA officially said it was an early version and this has been fixed in the release version.

Also never google "Clam Dip Flow"
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    My view on translation is that if Japanese dialogue in English sounds unnatural, either cut it out of the script or change it to something else entirely. Translations don't have to be 100% true to the original scripts.
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Full Members
    edited August 18
    Actually I'm not sure what this games max level is it may be level 200 not level 99 but yes I won't attempt nightmare mode until I have most CS3 party members at max level which for me is impossible for a import version since I have no Japanese PSN account that means no shining poms to fight at all.

But I won't attempt Nightmare mode without 4x Waterfall/4x Domination quartz along with 4x ice crowns IF those still exist in CS3 that is.

As for every skill usable at the same time that will STILL be possible even with only 1 of the CS3 party members being able to switch weapon types in mid battle but at least that party members s crafts for BOTH weapon types will still help in offing late game easy mode bosses in under 30 seconds.

The screen shots are fine as is BUT I still will do as posted above when it comes to Nightmare mode runs which is why I still only play import games on easy mode.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    We go out of our way to mock you, in public. and all you can do is miss the fact that your behaviour is mockable by one upping our mockery. Bugger off.

PS: Discuss the screens or get out. consider this an addendum to to the Tales Thread Rule.