If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fire Emblem to Scorch GameCube

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I guess there's no need to get all excited about it, but it sure would be nice if it was released outside Japan...

All we can do is hope.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • yazarc420yazarc420 Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Well, the latest and greatest for the GBA is due to hit North America. It could very well pave the way for more titles from the series to come here.

Either way, I want something. There's a massive shortage of Strategy RPGs right now.
  • ArdoArdo Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I hope it comes to North America! All I can do is hope...
  • ShionShion Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Pfft. I'll import it even if it comes to NA. Then buy the NA version. I have the other Japanese FEs anyway.

This is major for the FE series - all seven games have been 2D. :P Man, look at the Roy and Marth models in SSBM. Imagine a whole FE game looking that pretty - or better on the 'Cube.

...NICE!
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    You're lucky.

Unfortunately, my Japanese isn't that good yet... I've only studied for almost 2 years, so it won't be worth it, trying to play games in japanese yet.

I envy you.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Endless_MagicEndless_Magic Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I so much hope for it to come out
    ever since i got smash bros meele i want to play FE
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Endless_Magic @ July 05 2003,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I wouldn't be too surprised if they do bring it here, considering that too many people know about it now, for them to ignore any longer.

Here's an idea: I wonder if movement will be determined by a radius this time perhaps, instead of a grid of squares (cubes?).
  • ShadowKnight28ShadowKnight28 Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    I wanted to get a chance to see how this game would be. Anyone have a clue what the game is about? storyline? The graphics from Japanese pictures or anything?
  • ShionShion Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Q. Mulative @ July 05 2003,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I wouldn't be too surprised if they do bring it here, considering that too many people know about it now, for them to ignore any longer.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's why Rekka no Ken is coming over. After SSBM, everyone got all curious. Intelligent Systems pretty much pushed Nintendo to release Rekka no Ken here and developed it with North America in mind (tutorial and all that)...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"
    Here's an idea: I wonder if movement will be determined by a radius this time perhaps, instead of a grid of squares (cubes?).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>That'd be interesting... not a bad idea actually. Not sure how it'd work with terrain and all though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Anyone have a clue what the game is about? storyline? The graphics from Japanese pictures or anything?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>Nope, nowhere. My guess is it's still pretty early in development.. and with how long GC games are in development for, could be a while. I imagine they'd at least have something to show at the fall Tokyo Game Show though.
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    Intelligent Systems works a little more slowly than other teams, so you can expect this game to be released near the last quarter of the GCN's life. Considering, though, that no Intelligent Systems game has ever failed here, and Fire Emblem's inevitable success on GBA here, we can probably expect the GCN incarnation to arrive here in about the same time frame as Paper Mario arrived in the N64's life.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I think it'll come but it may be slow like he said...LOL
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • CyberSkullCyberSkull Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Bet you a $ that it doesn't make it to the US. <span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>(this is one be I would'nt mind loosing.)</span>
    Sincerely,
    Your Dread Lord
    FF6-CyberSkull_Medium_Sig.gif
    Un-Certified Looney, Heretic @ Large, etc…