If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 52: Answertale - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
This week in Q&A Quest, Michael Baker joins the show to remind us that Metal Max 4 remains unlocalized. We also discuss games that don't need a sequel, and the Alliance Alive.

Episode 52: Answertale - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Why do you think Nintendo is reluctant to make a more traditional Mario rpg game, similar to the first one but with modern graphics? Is it only paper and saga series, or nothing else?
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    That one Super Famicom game that I found at Book-Off but couldn't recall the title? It's called Down the World. Looks interesting, and only a dollar-equivalent, so I picked it up. I'll find some way to play it eventually.
    edited August 31
    Why are most video game endings inconclusive and short? I always found it strange an rpg can be 50 hours, and you're given a short 5 minute ending with very little explanation or what happens next. Do you feel rpg ending should give more closure, or are you fine with them not?
    Is what ways does destiny 2 feel like a sequel rather than an expansion?

Without having any deep knowledge, I have seen people complaining about pay to win services. Is this accurate or not?
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    OK, since I probably won't be able to join in for a while, here are some questions and points to ponder.

#1 How many RPGs have you played in your life so far? Not necessarily finished, but played at least enough to have a definite opinion on. For example, I never finished the first level of Lagoon on the SNES, but I still have very strong feelings on it, and so it counts ;)

(for the record, I lost count somewhere past two-fifty)

#2 Since Koei Tecmo loves it some Musou games, with their flashy combat and loose relationship with historical reality, what would you say to a Musou based on American history? Revolutionary Warriors or something like that. How stupidly powerful would they / should they make George Washington's power attacks as he goes sabre-and-musket on a battalion of hapless Hessians?