If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Nintendo Direct Round-up

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
There was plenty for RPGamer in the latest Nintendo Direct. Pokémon, The Alliance Alive, Project Octopath Traveler, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and more make for a good length wrap-up article.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    I can't believe there is a demo out for octopath traveler. Nice surprise, even though I don't own a switch yet.
  • riulynriulyn Member Full Members
    Happy to see that Alliance Alive is coming west.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    The fact they added Lynn who was my favorite Rekka no Ken FE character be added gives me lots of hope of additional characters to this game.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited September 14
    I'm very glad to hear that Xenoblade 2 is still on track for this year! I'm hoping I'll be able to get a Nintendo Switch by the time that game is out, though I'll buy the game at launch regardless. Maybe I should get that special edition?

Speaking of lacking Switches, I'm more interested in Project Octopath Travlers than I thought I would be. It has a fascinating visual and it has some unique ideas going for it. What I heard about the music, it is apparently quite good, too. I got excited to download the demo, but of course, I would need a Switch to do that. D:

Then there's Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. These game still seems like a "third version" rather than a direct sequel. I likely will wait a little while before getting them. What I find most intriguing about them are the two new Ultra Beasts: UB Burst and UB Assembly. This is the first time in the series that new Pokemon are added mid-generation. I wonder if the original Sun & Moon will recieve an update, or if it will be like Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire with the added Mega Evolutions.

Color me very surprised about Lyn in Fire Emblem Warriors. Tokyo Mirage Session #FE was also supposed to have characters "mostly" from Shadow Dragon and Awakening. I thought for sure this meant that there would be at least one character in the game that was from another FE. Lo and behold, they are ALL from Shadow Dragon and Awakening. I figured it would be the same with Warriors, where "mostly Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates" meant they would all be from those games. I'm glad to be wrong. I suspect she may be the only one, though perhaps they will be be saved for DLC.

Also, it made me giddy to hear Wendee Lee voice her. :D
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    The fact they added Lynn who was my favorite Rekka no Ken FE character be added gives me lots of hope of additional characters to this game.

Well, don't count on it. Technically, Lyn shouldn't be in the game, since only 1, 11, and 12 were suppose to get coverage. The roster was confirmed as having a cap of 25, and most of it has already been revealed. A pseudo-leak revealed Lyn and Celica as the only outsiders in the roster besides the two OCs. No other GBA character are getting in outside of DLC, and it looks like Tellius is being completely sidelined.
    ClixPsi.png
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    ALLLLIANCEALIVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif