If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Episode 53: THE RABBIDS - Q&A Quest

WheelsWheels RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
In preparation for the distraction of Destiny 2's release, your hosts had the foresight to record an episode ahead of time. Unfortunately, a game release or something delayed the editing process.

Episode 53: THE RABBIDS - Q&A Quest
Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
sig.gif

Comments

• BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    edited September 15
    Yakuza 0 was also my first yakuza game. I'm currently around 65 hours into it and I still have the last third of the game to go. I have kiwami purchased, and will play it later this year.

This is not the first time I've heard yakuza 2 quoted as the best. I'm assuming this is for story reasons, or is it more?

Even if you think it would never work, if you were forced to green light a well done American cartoon version of any rpg, which would you choose?

I also picked up danganronpa 1 and 2 for the PS4, in advance of part 3's release. It was mildly confusing to learn how I should watch the anime. Do either of you have any spoiler free thoughts on this series? Any plans to play if you haven't.

I also wasn't fond of dark souls 3. and I can't exactly pin point why. I think mechanically it improved on 2, and had more care put into level design, but it felt less epic than I expected it to be. But I thought bloodborn was a 10/10 game so I wasn't mad.

Maybe someday I'll give persona 5 another chance.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    In honor of The Alliance Alive's announcement, what's the next game you're praying for a localization of?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 18
    Random notes:

"Kiwami" is also the Japanese equivalent to the word "premium" in advertising.

Not sure if the Simpsons could ever beat Anpanman (29 years, 1320 episodes) or Sazae-san (48 years, upwards of 2500 episodes) for longest ongoing broadcast run.

Concerning Legend of Heroes symbol counts: does that cover only kanji, or also kana (necessary for grammatical everything)?

I remember reporting on Nayuta no Kiseki once, and making a joke about that, too. Apparently nayuta is the Japanese variant of a Buddhist word for an insanely large number. Like, so many zeroes that it can't be used for anything in this reality because it's just too darn big. In Buddhism, it's used as a unit of eternity. My joke was that hopefully this name wasn't a reflection of the amount of text in the game.

Also, repeat of questions I posted to the previous thread (after this one was recorded, apparently)

#1 How many RPGs have you played in your life so far? Not necessarily finished, but played at least enough to have a definite opinion on. For example, I never finished the first level of Lagoon on the SNES, but I still have very strong feelings on it, and so it counts ;)

(for the record, I lost count somewhere past two-fifty. If we start counting games which I am passingly familiar with due to site/column coverage but haven't actually played, that number could go up to 500)

#2 Since Koei Tecmo loves it some Musou games, with their flashy combat and loose relationship with historical reality, what would you say to a Musou based on American history? Revolutionary Warriors or something like that. How stupidly powerful would they / should they make George Washington's power attacks as he goes sabre-and-musket on a battalion of hapless Hessians?
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    concerning kingdom hearts 3, which of the previous titles do you hope it looks to in certain places? Like you if you were to build 3, taking pieces from all the others.