If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy IX Released for PS4

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
Final Fantasy IX has hit a new platform. PlayStation 4 owners can now play with the game with HD character models and various booster options, which are not at all cheats.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 19
    SOLD, for the umpteenth time
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • AeramisAeramis Behind You!!!Full Members
    Aeramis wrote: »
    It wasn't released on Playstation. It was first released on PS2 with the HDD adapter. Pretty much the only game that used it. Also, can we import our PC account to the PS4 release?

Wait.. nevermind... lol.. I misread it, was thinking FFXI, the MMO... Carry on.
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    Not one of my favorites in the series, but the enhancements are definitely enough to get me to play again in the near future.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    RPG Backtrack's certified Valedictorian of the Summer School that was PS1-era Final Fantasies (tm)
  • UltraKev9UltraKev9 Demi-Plane of Semi HemispheresFull Members
    WHERE the HELL is my FF6 REMAKE daaaaaaaammmmmmiiiiitttttttt?!!?!?!?!!!?!??!
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    UltraKev9 wrote: »

As long as they do it right! That's my dream game, would hate for them to farm it out and then delay a true remake for another 15 years. Which people always ask, you still have the original so why does it matter? Because once you get the remake, the odds are you're not going to get another remake any time soon. But I suppose square has done it before with ff4.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members

It's on your phone or Steam. That's the best we're going to get. And yes, I know it looks like Moo.
    ClixPsi.png
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Strat-wonk. Full Members
    edited September 20
    Same here Thievery/Frog drop took SO long for 9999 damage PS1 version I barely had the 2 moves for Zidane and Quina respectively hit for 3000 damage Thievery and barely 1500 per Frog Drop use end of game where as both can hit for 9999 damage by simply turning on the 9999 damage cheat which also makes healing spell restore 9999 HP.

But luckly the 9999 damage cheat does NOT make the enemies do 9999 damage to you else with that cheat applying to enemy damage against you that cheat would not be worth using.

the infinite HP/MP cheat also has party members go into trance mode at the start of each battle but the meter itself does NOT empty (0) after the battle ends with this cheat.

Also I never bothered to do the 99 cotton robe gil/money trick in the PS1 version at all but in this version its just best to turn on the max gil cheat at the start of the game instead.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited September 21
    What in the name of all that is hateful and ancient do you mean 'same here'? Not one element of this conversation has been about mechanics cheese. you thoughts stand alone and are functionally meaningless.
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    Square Enix: We forgot how to make true turn-based JRPGs in our Final Fantasy brand and won't let the FF team talk to the Dragon Quest team, so here is one of the last pure JRPGs in the series again.

Gamers: *throws money*

Square Enix: Time to use this money to build another twitchy action game!
    Final Fantasy isn't about tradition (which Dragon Quest is), but rather about change and evolution, so there really isn't a "pure" Final Fantasy experience.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited September 20
    I have fond memories of this one.
    But, I wasn't crazy about the chef-hat-tongue character, Quina.
    Slayer wrote: »

Yeah, he/she was pretty much a filler character.
    ArtyParty wrote: »

Now, actually, I liked Quina because he/she/it/pstrami was the "blue mage" and became pretty stupid powerful. Hated the thing that looked like a spear-wielding scarecrow. That character was so bland and forgettable I can only remember it was vaguely a female. Didn't care for Eiko with that stupid horn in the middle of her forehead, either. She was just a Garnet imposter.
    Seriously, maybe the reason I'm so annoyed by FF9 getting remade before FF6 is because the story seemed to utterly fall apart upon learning Zidane's origin. Maybe it's just me but upon that part of the story I nearly threw my controller through my TV yelling something to the effect of, "Oh, REAALLLLYY!??! Haven't done THIS cliche' to death!!"
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    ArtyParty wrote: »

Now, actually, I liked Quina because he/she/it/pstrami was the "blue mage" and became pretty stupid powerful. Hated the thing that looked like a spear-wielding scarecrow. That character was so bland and forgettable I can only remember it was vaguely a female. Didn't care for Eiko with that stupid horn in the middle of her forehead, either. She was just a Garnet imposter.

You know that Garnets horn was cut out right?
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Seriously, maybe the reason I'm so annoyed by FF9 getting remade before FF6 is because the story seemed to utterly fall apart upon learning Zidane's origin. Maybe it's just me but upon that part of the story I nearly threw my controller through my TV yelling something to the effect of, "Oh, REAALLLLYY!??! Haven't done THIS cliche' to death!!"

This is just an upgraded port. It's just the original game with some tweaks, not a remake.
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Strat-wonk. Full Members
    At least WITH the 3x speed cheat intact the game is actually more playable and isn't as slow as the PS1 version.

VeghEsther wrote: »
    At least WITH the 3x speed cheat intact the game is actually more playable and isn't as slow as the PS1 version.

Something we agree on, for a change. Pretty much any turn-based RPG should have some sort of turbo mode, or be inherently fast like Persona 5.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited September 21
    @ ArtyParty
    Chrono Cross new game + comes to mind for it's F-FWD button.
    Or Zodiac Age. Took me less than half the time it took me to beat its original version.