If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Atelier Lydie & Suelle Heading West

severinmiraseverinmira Managing EditorRPGamer Staff
The latest Atelier game, and first on Switch, is heading to North America and Europe early next year. Unfortunately, not all versions will be making the trip.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• blurpoblurpo United StatesFull Members
    That's odd, there is a Japan Vita version, and there is localization for the PS4 version, feels to me most of the work for a localized Vita version is already done. I guess there aren't many Vitas in the western market but still, might as well do it considering the previous two games in the trilogy were Vita localized?
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Well, KT has been slowly backing away from Vita this year so it's not a surprise they are finally cutting support. There are programming costs to installing a localization and then debugging another platform. Also, Atelier Firis was terrible on the Vita; I'm super tolerant of jankiness in games, but we are taking single digit framerates and lots of crashes. If the new one doesn't run any better, I'm not surprised KT-europe would decide to leave it behind.
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    I'm still way behind on these games.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    ArtyParty wrote: »
    I'm still way behind on these games.

I own them, not that I have beaten them, but I do own them
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool