If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 440: "Mandatory Pampering"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
RPGCast - Episode 440: "Mandatory Pampering"

As we acknowledge our robot overlords, we also listen to all the new stuff coming out of Japan. There's mechs, monsters, Chobobros, and deformed amazons. What else can you ask for? What? No, there was no FFVII remake news. Ok, stop asking about that.

You can find the show notes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLXOun1ZxUP6E_vRgsLTdrSzy7q-h4iCHJt3EDYuKRs/edit?usp=sharing

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Shulk of Shame"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Question of the Week:
Did you care about anything at TGS?

Support the Show
179811.png

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited September 29
    You half-joked about a Fire Emblem timeline, and while there isn't one for the entire series, there is one for the several games that take place in the same world. Awakening and Fates confirm that Fire Emblem consists of a multiverse and there are at least three separate universes (possibly more, depending on where the GBA FEs take place and exactly how the many worlds interpretation fits in). The "main world" has three continents Archanea/Ylisse, Valentia/Valm, and Jugdral

The first game chronologically is Genealogy of the Holy War, followed by Thracia 776, the two Super Famicom games we never got. These games take place on Jugdral, a distant continent from Archanea where Marth's games take place.

Next is Shadow Dragon, the first game in the series in order of release, taking place on Archanea. Shortly after is Fire Emblem Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, a continent fairly close to Archanea. Two years after the events of Shadow Dragon is Mystery of the Emblem.

The last game is Awakening, taking place 2000 years after Mystery of the Emblem. Both Archanea and Valentia are in the game and renamed to Ylisse and Valm for not-fully-explained reasons.

I know no one asked, but I find he Fire Emblem multiverse to be oddly fascinating.

As for the Question of the Week, I'll agree with Kelley and say that the announce of a future announcement for Shin Megami Tensei HD info to be the thing I most cared about out of TGS this year.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    QOTW: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim was already announced, but even the tiny trailer got me excited for it. My favorite part of that game was seeing the scale models of the mecha on the TGS show floor where the characters in the game were the height of the robots' feet. Vanillaware with a modern setting looks so awesome!
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited September 30
    I shared this story on twitter, but I have to share it again here. I went to my local WalMart at midnight to pick up a SNES classic. They had plenty and even showing up just before midnight, I was able to snag one. Anyway, while I was standing in line, a guy who apparently was doing his shopping because he had a full cart stopped to ask what the line was for. We told him it was for the SNES classic and in response he yelled: "Nintendo? *bleep* Nintendo! PC Master Race!" It was like the real life personification of a Nintendo hating internet troll. That was... the last thing I was expecting to see in my small Alabama town at midnight.