If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack: Episode 179 - Lunar 2 Eternal Boogaloo

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
It's been a long time since a completely new Lunar game was released, and an even longer time since a completely new Lunar game that is also good came to pass. So let's look back at the Eternal Blue and DS parts of the series.
One of these games is lesser quality than the other.
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    One mystery I'd like resolved is whether Mel actually founded Meribia instead of just governing it. I know in the Japanese version of the games, it just says he governed it, although Working Designs added that he founded it.
  • VeghEstherVeghEsther Full Members
    Eternal Blue great game DS games however aren't that great and aren't really worth playing.

As for silver star the PSP remake its fine too bad it didn't sell well enough FOR Eternal Blue to get the same PSP treatment.
  • ArtyPartyArtyParty IllinoisFull Members
    edited October 15
    Yeah, I would have preferred an updated Lunar 2 on PSP or Vita myself. Wasn't overly fond of WD's translation of the second game.

"The world will once again be mine on a delicious half-shell."

Sorry, but if movies had dialogue like that, they'd get torn apart by critics.

The battle dialogue in Eternal Blue Complete wasn't any better.

"Ferocious wind!"

"Pain..."

"Mega magic flame!"

That's actually worse than characters shouting the names of their abilities.
  • jscarpejscarpe RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Lunar is a series that I wish I had gotten into; I did have a Sega CD, but Lunar wasn't among the few games I owned for it. I tried the PSP remake of the first Lunar, but that one didn't stick for some reason. At least it sounds like there is no reason to track down the DS version before it gets rare. I guess it's no surprise that Dragon Song was RPGamer's Biggest Letdown of 2005, sounds like it deserved it.

As to storage space on the PS4, there is an option buried in the settings that lets you attach external hard drives and use them for storing games. It's dead simple, you plug in a USB hard drive, turn on the option in settings, the PS4 formats it and you are good to go. One thing, if you attach a HD that doesn't have external power (i.e. it's using USB for power) it's a good idea to change the USB power settings in the PS4 to always on (I think the default is the PS4 turns off power to USB after 4 hours). That way if the PS4 downloads updates while it's asleep, it can access the extended storage. Just FYI.
  • BudaiBudai Paladin Full Members
    Looking forward to listening to this one tomorrow!
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited November 9
    Pro tip for games like Lunar Dragon Song that require blowing into a microphone: hold your DS or 3DS up to an electric fan. (The 3DS microphone is a small hole to the lower right of the Start button).

This was how I managed to beat Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, an otherwise wonderful RPG that required blowing into the microphone in order to win one specific battle.